No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kendall Holt Drops 140 For Good, Heads To 147-Pounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kendall Holt Drops 140 For Good, Heads To 147-Pounds

Kendall Holt has decided to move up to welterweight following his split-decision defeat to unbeaten Danny Garcia in a 12-round junior welterweight fight Saturday night in Los Angeles.

[Click Here To Read More]

I was very disappointed with Holts performance and pretty impressed with Garcia. He surprised me. But I wonder how much of that was just the fact that Holt fought a very simple fight, didn't let his hands go and did what he sometimes does - looks only for the big punch.

Holt is so inconsistent as a fighter. One day he looks amazing. Next day he's so ordinary.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
      I was very disappointed with Holts performance and pretty impressed with Garcia. He surprised me. But I wonder how much of that was just the fact that Holt fought a very simple fight, didn't let his hands go and did what he sometimes does - looks only for the big punch.

Holt is so inconsistent as a fighter. One day he looks amazing. Next day he's so ordinary.
      I agree with everything you said! I was yelling at the screen for him to do something, anything. When he let his hands go, he was tagging Garcia. But it was just too little. I wasn't sure how Garcia would hold up to Holt's bombs and he seemed to take the one's that landed really well. I was definitely impressed with him as well.

I was really looking forward to this bout. Coulda been a great one but Holt didn't hold up to his part.

Hopefully the move up will be what he needs and won't have to hurt himself dropping weight. But with that being said, I don't think he'll be getting another title any time soon.

I like Holt and hope he's able to go back up the ranks. And i'm looking forward to seeing more of Garcia as well

Comment

Holt's future is behind him at any weight....

Comment

If he walks around at 150 he has no business fighting at 147. Only super technical fighters can give up such a weight advantage. Holt is not that fighter. On another note, if he indeed walks around at 150, I don't believe for a second he can't make 140. It seems to me like he's simply done being an elite fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post

Spot on.

Remember when Kendall Holt vs Mike Arnaoutis was supposed to be a FOTY candidate. Remember how that fight actually turned out? SMH.

Holt is Zab Judah 2.0

Comment

when they don't fight in 140 they are running.. i don;t know why they think they will be any better at 147..

Comment

Holt folds under pressure, simple as that. I never did expect much from Holt and we got the typical, Holt lands a few big hard shots and when he finds out that he can't hurt or get his opponent out of there with one big punch and they keep on coming forward, he then loses confidence and folds. Happens almost every time hes in a big fight from Bradley to Garcia.. and its not to say that Holts not a decent fighter cause he is, but he's not world class more of a EPSN FNF type fighter at this point...

Comment

If he's walking around at 150 and weighing 147 on fight night, you wouldn't think making weight is the issue...

Comment

Let's see what happens with Holt next, I don't think he can ever be at the top, but maybe he can be a top contender

Comment

Working...
                    X