No announcement yet.

A healthy/ focus rios will destroy richard "akiwande" abril at 140

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ggurts si kab View Post
    Of course abril wont. He will be hit by them "acosta" shots at 140.
    I doubt it. Abril easily beat Acosta, Rios lost the first 5 rounds against Acosta and was badly hurt by Acosta before he turned things around.
    Who cares anyways? Abril is at 135 and fighting Bogere for the vacant WBA strap. If he moves to 140 soon then it would maybe be an interesting fight, but IMO there are so many better match ups at 140 for Rios.
    I would way rather see Peterson, Matthysse, or the winner of Garcia Morales fight Rios.

Comment

Originally posted by bigcursedawg View Post
      I doubt it. Abril easily beat Acosta, Rios lost the first 5 rounds against Acosta and was badly hurt by Acosta before he turned things around.
      Who cares anyways? Abril is at 135 and fighting Bogere for the vacant WBA strap. If he moves to 140 soon then it would maybe be an interesting fight, but IMO there are so many better match ups at 140 for Rios.
      I would way rather see Peterson, Matthysse, or the winner of Garcia Morales fight Rios.

I agree with these.

Comment

Akiwande was disqualified against Lewis for excessive clinching if i remembered it right.
        Akinwande didn't box Lewis's ears off the way Abril did to Rios

Comment

Yes i said it. Everybody knows rios had been having problems at lightweight even before the Abril fight. Abril was at the right place at the right time. If you think abril outboxes a healthy rios 10/10 you're clearly delusional.
          Excuses are like butt holes everybody has them

Comment

Originally posted by Defututus View Post
            clinching should be penalized more strictly

abril probabley deserved a 1 point loss every round
            It still would've been a draw if that happened.

Comment

wow its amazing at all the excuses these Rios fans have.
              I refuse to call him Bum Bum because he proved to me that he can take a beating and still come out on top in style but that doesnt mean he still wont get his arse beat by a boxer. He gets schooled again by Abril.
              its just a stylistic nightmare for bam bam and he only knows one way to fight and can never adjust

Comment

Working...
              X