No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Cotto Not Concerned With Bradley Getting K9

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Team Cotto Not Concerned With Bradley Getting K9

The race continues for the services of IBF junior middleweight champion Cornelius 'K9' Bundrage. WBC middleweight champion Miguel Cotto views K9 as a potential option for his June 6th return in New York City. But Top Rank is also going after K9, to get him for a June HBO televised fight with Timothy Bradley, who previously held world titles at junior welterweight and welterweight.

"Those who know us, know that we do not like talking about opponents. There have been major changes and we are almost at the finish line. But if Top Rank manages to get Bundrage's services for Bradley, that's good for them and also for Bradley. We do not think that complicates [Cotto's return or opponent selection]," Cotto's legal adviser, Gaby Penagaricano, told El Vocero.

[Click Here To Read More]

Heiland a better opponent anyway....this is a good thing for people watching.

Most likely Heiland now since K9 looks pretty much set with bradley

Comment

Is going to be Cotto-Heiland and that fight will let Cotto know if he stays at 160 or moves back down. Heiland is a big MW in his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
        Is going to be Cotto-Heiland and that fight will let Cotto know if he stays at 160 or moves back down. Heiland is a big MW in his prime.
        After Heiland Cotto only has 2 options. Fight GGG or vacate.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
          After Heiland Cotto only has 2 options. Fight GGG or vacate.
          He has no problems vacating. After Heiland he probably goes after Canelo and I doubt the WBC strips him and passes on that fight just to make GGG full champion. I smell a step aside GGG with apromise to get the winner.

Comment

He has no problems vacating. After Heiland he probably goes after Canelo and I doubt the WBC strips him and passes on that fight just to make GGG full champion. I smell a step aside GGG with apromise to get the winner.
            Well the better pony up some cash because they see how much the fight is worth and their mandatory position is a roadblock

Comment

I love to see the Heiland fight please make it hapend !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                Well the better pony up some cash because they see how much the fight is worth and their mandatory position is a roadblock
                Yeah but still I doubt it takes a lot of money for him to step a side. If you are GGG you would rather face Cotto/Canelo for the belt or be awarded full champion status without facing them? You would also think Cotto-Canelo winner vs GGG in 2016 is a much bigger fight than Cotto/Canelo vs GGG right now. fights in boxing are much bigger when you make the public beg for them. If GGG steps aside and keeps destroying people Cotto-Canelo winner will have no choice but to face him because that is what the people want.

Comment

Yeah but still I doubt it takes a lot of money for him to step a side. If you are GGG you would rather face Cotto/Canelo for the belt or be awarded full champion status without facing them? You would also think Cotto-Canelo winner vs GGG in 2016 is a much bigger fight than Cotto/Canelo vs GGG right now. fights in boxing are much bigger when you make the public beg for them. If GGG steps aside and keeps destroying people Cotto-Canelo winner will have no choice but to face him because that is what the people want.
                  It probably wouldn't, but that's still a big money fight. They won't not fight for as much as they can get.

Comment

It's hilarious how K9 Bundrage became so in demand.

Comment

Working...
                    X