Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO Tripleheader: Salido-Garcia, Golovkin-Rosado, Martinez-Burgos Discussion thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
    That's not what happened at all. The only thing I heard the corner say is "accidental headbutt, right?" trying to make sure/lobby the ref in case it is stopped. The ref asked the doc repeatedly if it could go, and the doc said his nose is broken. They all stood around, tried to figure out what to do (e.g. the doc, commission member, and ref), and made the judgement call to stop it and go to the cards.
    you must be deaf.

Comment

• Just like I feared, Salido's resistance is rapidly declining.

Comment

• Originally posted by BennyST View Post
        The point being that in accidental injuries where they can fight on, they usually have to. It's a handicap. Full stop. It's also accidental. If a bad cut happens on the top of a guys head, he has to fight on.

I do agree it's a weird one, but guys have to fight through small injuries that occur as a result of the action all the time.

Garcia did stop the fight BTW.
        It's a judgement call.

And it isn't 'accidental injury' which is important, it is 'accidental foul'.

Comment

• Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
          you must be deaf.
          You must be biased, or stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
            You must be biased, or stupid.
            what do you mean by "not happened at all". you just casually left out those two things i mentioned that occurred and the two other posters who saw and heard the same thing i did. i have no reason to be biased here. do you?

Comment

• mikey garcia = tim duncan

He may bore some people but he is so fundamentally sound and almost emotionless in the ring.

Comment

• How did you all score the Salido-garcia fight, I had it 79-69 at time of stoppage

Comment

• Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
                  what do you mean by "not happened at all". you just casually left out those two things i mentioned that occurred and the two other posters who saw and heard the same thing i did. i have no reason to be biased here. do you?
                  I said that's "not what happened at all", firstly.

And there's so much idiotic stuff said on this forum, what difference does it make if two guys agreed with you.

You are claiming his trainer said "his nose is broken, stop it"?

That is not what happened at all. The doctor is the one who said "his nose is broken." Did you not see the doctor with his fingers on the bridge of the nose, examining it and determining that it was broken? Because that is precisely what happened. His brother/trainer said no such thing.

Comment

• Unfortunate that it stopped that way. Salido finally showed up, and that happens. I don't think it would have made a difference, but I don't know, and I hope they fight a rematch to clear up all the doubt.

Either way, it was great to see Garcia deliver like that on the biggest stage of his career.

Comment

• Salido would have knocked him out in 11 like I predicted.......

I guess we have to wait for the rematch..............you know Slob Arum's gonna make it.

Comment

Working...
                      X