Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Im confused about the WEIGHT of Pacquiao.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

141-148 on fight night is still tiny to be fighting at WW. Bottomline is Pac could make 140 easy even 135 with a little drainin. But he wants bigger better fights, all the mega fights are at WW ie(pac-cotto, pac-mosley, pac-mayweather, pac margarito).

Comment

Again Pac weight 142 the day of the weigh in without trying to cut any water weight. If you know boxing, then you would know that it isn't **** to lose 7lbs of water weight. Not only that all Pac really had to do was decrease his calorie intake and he could easily make 135 again.

Comment

Originally posted by O.S.I.R.I.S View Post
        Again Pac weight 142 the day of the weigh in without trying to cut any water weight. If you know boxing, then you would know that it isn't **** to lose 7lbs of water weight. Not only that all Pac really had to do was decrease his calorie intake and he could easily make 135 again.
        I'm not sure that's the case at this point. He weighed close to 146 against Clottey. At the weigh-in. I suspect he'd really struggle to get down to 135.

Comment

To be honest....alot of big 130lbs come in weight 145-148 fight night, and the average LW will be that size on fight night also. Very rare will you see a fighter compete at his walk around weight and the only two I know of are Manny Pacquioa and Tony Ayala.

Comment

Originally posted by DR.ORGYY View Post
            well he would whoop de la hoya regardless......and how much do u think cotto weighed? atleast 156
            Absolutely not. Oscar in his prime, and even after he peaked, was a better all around fighter than Pacquiao. You are very mistaken if you believe that Pacquiao would whoop De La Hoya regardless. DLH looked sickly and even Roach commented that he was happy to see DLH look so sickly with IV marks and how his jaw line was easily visible.

I don't see where the confusion is - he has always outweighed his opponents on fight night. The only people who say what you quoted up in your original post is *******s who really don't know anything.

They hear Arum say Manny's a little guy beating big guys, and they will repeat that as if it's gospel when in reality he's a little guy fighting littler guys.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
              Id say Cotto was 150-155. He didnt look as heavy as he was in the Urkal fight when he was clearly a 160 Pounder.
              he'd still whoop cotto ragardless as well........

Comment

Hasn't ALL of Pacs opponents at welterweight been bigger than him?

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  I'm not sure that's the case at this point. He weighed close to 146 against Clottey. At the weigh-in. I suspect he'd really struggle to get down to 135.
                  Imdazed he weight 142 before eating two meals to make 145 for his weigh in for Clottey. That is only 7lbs off.....which would be nothing for him to shed if he got off that high calorie diet, and cut water weight like most fighters do.

Comment

If everybody at WW fought within those weights on fight night, you'd have a point. But since, weigh-ins are the day before, and many WW rehydrated to basically 10+ lbs, Pac's still a much smaller fighter.

Comment

I read the whole thread. People are making good points. I just dont understand how he is beating bigger men. You step in at WW it is what is.

Comment

Working...
                      X