Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Johnathon Banks Destroys Seth Mitchell in Two

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I picked Banks to win going into the fight, but he truthfully almost folded. He was terrified of Mitchell for the first part of the second round and he really seemed to be discouraged. The first shot that hurt Mitchell absolutely shocked Banks, and gave him the will to finish him off. I'm happy for him, but if Mitchell's chin was even a bit less brittle, I think Banks would have gladly handed him the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
      I still think Bryant Jennings is the best American HW, he has looked very impressive so far, he doesn't have much power but has a good work rate and throws punches in bunches. Unfortunately he too waited very long to finally start boxing, just wasting away playing basketball at the local rec. He's had just 17 amateur fights, and has been pro for like 3 years.
      Do you think Jennings could beat Steve Cunningham?

Comment

I actually like Seth Mitchell but I thought it was funny how HBO put so much work trying to promote him just so he could get sparked in 2 rounds

Comment

Nobody was hyping Mitchell you fuking morons.

Most people just said he had 'potential'

that means jack fuking all.

You guys wanna know what is REAL HYPE?

Mike Tyson prior to the Berbick fight

Quote from NY TIMES

"Tyson has already shown the potential to dominate boxing for years to come, don't be shocked if he become youngest champion. Nightmare match up and unbelievable skills"

THAT'S Hype. And Tyson delivered.

Mitchell is more like

'Decent potential fighter with good power, still have question marks, should beat bANKS'

That's not hype at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobi.G View Post
            I really like Mitchell, a big strong muscular and entertaining heavyweight but if you fight the way he fights you need to have a good chin. Banks is not the biggest puncher and the weight difference was verry big so Mitchell sadly has really a glass-chin. Its a shame. If he had an chin like Arreola he could be much more successfull but you cant fight the way he fights when you cant take a punch.

He may not have a glass chin. He got hit with a tight hook on the inside that he did not see. Those can hurt anyone. What he will need to do is learn more of the basics and stop throwing wildly in there. Gain slow experience and ring awareness. He could still have a future in the ring, but he will need to take baby steps. What he showed tonight was complete inexperience and being too stiff. Dedication and work can fix that.

Comment

I don't get why Mitchell is being hated on, he's still has potential. Anyways great win for Banks!

Comment

There goes HBO's next "HW saviour"

Comment

Mitchell was never that good. I saw this one coming. A lot of hype behind someone who got rocked by Chazz Witherspoon and beat nobody.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirao View Post
                    There goes HBO's next "HW saviour"
                    Dude. your picture reminded me of another scene for a while.

I finally remembered.

Ross Purrity also CARRIED Wladimir around the ring like twice after he knocked Wlad out. It was weird. He just picked Wlad up and carried Wlad like a child around the ring.

To Wlad's credit, he actually let the man who knocked him out carry him around in celebration though. Classy as always.

Comment

This outcome of this fight is everything right in this world. I laughed so goddamn hard! HBO's sad little hypejob is done already. Gotta love it.

Comment

Working...
                      X