Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do People Hype Up Angulo Because He Reminds Them Of Margarito?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do People Hype Up Angulo Because He Reminds Them Of Margarito?

Im starting to think this more and more in light of Margarito being out. He has had better outings than this past weekend but he is getting mad props all over websites. In my opinion Rivera lasted longer than he should having taken this fight on four days notice, first time at 154, and being outweighed by alot. Rivera, who has less than stellar technique, landed pretty often on Angulo

Originally posted by Bhopreign View Post
    Im starting to think this more and more in light of Margarito being out. He has had better outings than this past weekend but he is getting mad props all over websites. In my opinion Rivera lasted longer than he should having taken this fight on four days notice, first time at 154, and being outweighed by alot. Rivera, who has less than stellar technique, landed pretty often on Angulo

Rivera had a pretty good first round (that Lederman somehow scored for Angulo), but after that was totally dominated and didn't even last halfway through the fight. Rivera's rep is that he is very durable, so I fail to see your point. It was just a forgettable fight for a prospect on his way up.

Comment

Angulo fights totally different from Margarito. His punches seem quicker and more accurate and he moves around the ring a little better.

...but like Margarito, he tends to get hit more than he should. I'm wondering how he'll look against someone like Paul Williams or Vernon Forrest.

They should just put him in there with Chavez Jr. The fight makes sense at this point.

Comment

i felt the same way and i like angulo. he should have finished that dude off a lot quicker for being the bigger, younger, stronger man. Angulo looked great against Richard the colombian

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
          Angulo fights totally different from Margarito. His punches seem quicker and more accurate and he moves around the ring a little better.

...but like Margarito, he tends to get hit more than he should. I'm wondering how he'll look against someone like Paul Williams or Vernon Forrest.

They should just put him in there with Chavez Jr. The fight makes sense at this point.
          Youre right, his punches are not as wide as Marg's, but like Marg he is susceptible to getting hit. He needs to add a little slickness to his game, feint, slide jab, something, but that just isnt him though.

Comment

hell hes a likeable fighter

Comment

He's aiight but Mayorga would have got him out of there

Comment

Working...
              X