Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody here training while fasting for Ramadan?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody here training while fasting for Ramadan?

Salaam to anybody who is.

For those that aren't Muslim and don't know, Ramadan is a time where we eat before sunrise and fast (no food or drink) till sundown for 30 days.

I havent had a chance to train since Ramadan started but I plan on training like normal

cant do that yo

youll passed out

Comment

To train a normal weekly routine without your normal food intake doesn't sound very responsible! The food fast during the day is acceptable however to deny fluids is not a very healthy program for an athlete!
      If your religion superceeds your athletics then by all means abstain but to try and train & fast is all negative!!!! Your personal beliefs are within your mind and an athletes (church, temple, mosque, cathedrale) is their body! Think!

Ray.

Comment

nOT SMART....U WILL DIE

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
          To train a normal weekly routine without your normal food intake doesn't sound very responsible! The food fast during the day is acceptable however to deny fluids is not a very healthy program for an athlete!
          If your religion superceeds your athletics then by all means abstain but to try and train & fast is all negative!!!! Your personal beliefs are within your mind and an athletes (church, temple, mosque, cathedrale) is their body! Think!

Ray.
          You're absolutely right fam. I think I should be ok though, ive been doing 2-3 hour long gym sessions without drinking anything for a few weeks now in preparation and havent had a problem. Mind you going the whole day is different but I'm going to (cautiously) find out if I can do it real soon haha.

I am definitely only gonna do roadwork when I can drink again instead of in the morning though lol
          Last edited by HtotheZ; 07-10-2013, 10:59 PM.

Comment

thats the reason amir khan was bombed out by prescott he was drained at 135 anyway also ramadan had just finished.

Comment

do not involve yourself with any strenuous activity without water.

cutting out daytime food really won't hurt you a ton. i did that off and on for a long time due to my work and workout schedule (before it was trendy, mind you.) it's also a great way to cut fat. early on you will be hungry. eat at night, and get a breakfast in before the sun comes up. you're boxing anyway. it's not like you're probably able to eat a ton.

the water is the red flag, man. you cannot do that. everything an athlete does requires water. your blood is mostly water. all of your vital organs are mostly water. your brain is mostly water. you need to drink water for your health.

i don't want to insult your religion, but it's frankly absurd to deny an athlete of water.

Comment

Originally posted by Juof View Post
                thats the reason amir khan was bombed out by prescott he was drained at 135 anyway also ramadan had just finished.

prescott's fists hitting him with perfect left hook and right hand shots had something to do with that. prescott could bang. there's a reason khan never took that rematch. i'm not saying prescott is the better fighter, or that khan wouldn't win the rematch. i'd pick khan to go in there and be very cautious and win by decision or late stoppage at any point in his career. amir went on the world championship level. still, you can't just discount a one round destruction. khan fans do the same thing with danny garcia. "lucky punch," "the better man lost," etc. khan had zero excuses against garcia, and got trucked.

Comment

I'm Muslim and anytime Ramadan rolls around I stop training for the whole month.

Trying to train on an empty stomach and without water is not smart. You'll also be burning essential muscle too because you have nothing to fuel it with.

Not telling you to take a month off but it's more beneficial to in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    prescott's fists hitting him with perfect left hook and right hand shots had something to do with that. prescott could bang. there's a reason khan never took that rematch. i'm not saying prescott is the better fighter, or that khan wouldn't win the rematch. i'd pick khan to go in there and be very cautious and win by decision or late stoppage at any point in his career. amir went on the world championship level. still, you can't just discount a one round destruction. khan fans do the same thing with danny garcia. "lucky punch," "the better man lost," etc. khan had zero excuses against garcia, and got trucked.
                    i joke we all know khans failure was his biscuit chin

Comment

Working...
                    X