Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is there so much hate for Manny on here?sure he gets overrated but he is a ATG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is there so much hate for Manny on here?sure he gets overrated but he is a ATG

Sure he has his faults and down falls and limitations.But through all that he has succeeded time after time and beating alot of good strong comp.Sure you can nitpick bout catch weights etc,etc,but he is not the 1st fighter to do this..Hell Leonard fought for 2 belts on 1 night and this is ok.Henry Armstong fought at catch weights.Why all the hate??sure some delusional people on here overrate the hell out of him cause they lack knowledge of the sport.But this guy is a phenomenal fighter who has defied several odds.I for one am glad i had a chance to witness him fight.

Explain this for me please

Comment

Originally posted by littlemac View Post
      This illustrates how Manny wasn't getting any hate. Manny was great. A soon as Manny started playing the CW card and getting his Dad Arum strong arming fighters to bend for Manny's advantage, and developed a sudden fear of needles seconds before signing to fight Floyd, I had lost respect for Manny. So please people save your pathetically weak race card on me. Manny was cool, now his just a hyped up, fake persona, sell out who just got schooled twice in a roll.

Comment

because the fl0mos are still mad manny won boxer of the decade

Comment

I don't hate manny, even though he's a tad overrated by a few of his hardcore fans.

I'm also a fan of his & acknowledge he's an ATG.

Comment

Originally posted by littlemac View Post
            He had 3 catchweight fights in a 60 fight career and those catchweights were in 11-12 divisions from the one he started in for crying out loud.And as far as needles are concerned,when he was obligated by any comission to take a blood test.he did

Comment

Originally posted by combatron View Post
              because the fl0mos are still mad manny won boxer of the decade
              I don't wanna hear no fl0mo this crap i'm a grown man.

Comment

Originally posted by kill the body View Post
                He had 3 catchweight fights in a 60 fight career and those catchweights were in 11-12 divisions from the one he started in for crying out loud.And as far as needles are concerned,when he was obligated by any comission to take a blood test.he did
                Manny just ducked Cotto because of a CW after wanting him in the first place. Doesn't that action alone expose him as a oppurtinist sell out. Then his pathetic 154 title who he con the boxing world with this fight. Ducked Mosley when Mosley was on top after already fighting at 147 to then fight him when Mosley was done. Forcing Cotto to not be able to defend his belt at the weight limit he worked hard to get. Turning down the biggest fight after all of his demands were met including a last minute 10mil penalty that Manny threw in, in the middle of testing issue so that when Floyd accepted that penalty clause Manny still walked away. I mean why ask for a 10mil penalty in the last minute if your not going to agree on testing which was the issue at hand. Manny ducked Floyd and blinded the media into setting the blame on Floyd. Am just rambling now, but I think these are reasonable reasons and not because I simply don't like Manny. That's absurd especially when I like him, pre Cotto fight.

Comment

Well to be fair people would have ripped apart Armstrong and Leonard too if the internet was around. IMO the hate comes less from Pacquiao and more to do just with his fans. I love Pacquiao but sometimes his fans make me ashamed to be a fan of his. He is a great fighter but in my opinion he epitomizes the saying styles make fights. Against a brawler who wants to fight he'll give you something special. Against a counter puncher he can look amateurish. I just get sick of his fans claiming that he's Jesus with gloves.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X