No announcement yet.

Since we can't get Mayweather Pacquiao, the fight that I want to see is

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
    I take issue with the bolded. Granted Kirkland beat Angulo down it occurred because Angulo stupidly punched himself out.
    Rewatch that 1st round and you'll see it's cut in two halves.

The first half has Angulo punching mercilessly. Then, you'll hear Kellerman yell "Oh, Oh BIG uppercut by Kirkland"; that very second, you will see Angulo's punch output/rate drop tremendously and he starts throwing arm punches like fighters do when they're hurt.

See for yourself. My theory is Kirkland hurt Angulo with two uppercuts that were within 3 seconds of each other. Kellerman saw it also which is why he spoke on it. After Kirkland hurt Angulo in the 1st round, he never let his foot off the gas until Angulo dropped.

In fact, if you watch the 3rd or 4th round, you'll see Angulo litterally knocking the snot out Kirkland's nose in the HBO replays. Not bad for someone that's punched out, right?

IMO, Kirkland hurt Angulo in the 1st round with an uppercut while Angulo was carelessly trying to finish the fight. Angulo then recovered in the later rounds and got his 2nd wind, but Kirkland was just the better fighter overall.
    Last edited by BoxingGenius27; 06-25-2012, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
      Now you talkin BG mah homie, I can see a complete and utter WAR. But no one will stop that fight other than the ref, the doc, or the corner. And Im willin to bet good money that if the coner stops it, they a$$ will be unemployed within the next 15 minutes of Michael Buffer announcing the winner. Maidana is a damn G.
      I became a fan of Maidana in the Khan and Ortiz fights. I know what he's capable of and that's fighting to the end.

Comment

you go from Mayweather vs Pacquiao to ****in Mattysse vs Maidana...REALLY?

I don't even think Maidana is going to make it past Keith Thurman to be honest

Comment

Working...
        X