Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IF Lennox Lewis never lost and beaten Riddick Bowe will he be the GOAT?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
    Lewis IMO is a top 5 ATG HW.

But he lost to Rahman and McCall fair and square no need to make excuses, he destroyed Rahman in the rematch.

I personally believe Bowe ducked Lewis because of his amateur losses (I know ams are different to pros but it still plays on your mind)
    Yeah, I agree no reason for excuses. Good post.

No doubt Bowe and Newman wanted nothing to do with Lewis

I am huge Lewis fan but not sure if he is top 5 maybe top 8 or 10. Tough call.

Comment

The one thing I admired most about Mike Tyson and Lennox Lewis in all their interviews is that neither one

EVERY MADE ANY EXCUSES. EVER.

The difference is Mike had 10x the fan support compared to Lennox and had people made excuses for Mike.

Lennox Mike and Evander were like if you had 3 kids, and you loved the youngest you love the oldest, the middle is your best by far but you don't care about the middle child.

It's surreal the amount of **** and disrespect Lennox got during his era but he still managed to lead the best life out of the 3. Ya Lennox sound arrogant and conceited at times during his interviews, but honestly so will you if you had to eat a whole decade of bull**** like he did.

People don't even know the small details that made lennox great.

Gary Mason

Who the hell is gary mason? You ask?

well ONLY the undefeated EURO CHAMP during Lennox's early days, Mason was feared by all of Europe and was in talks of becoming Mike Tyson's next opponent. Lennox only had like 14 fights heading into Gary Mason and everyone counted him out. They were like no way a green kid like Lennox will beat this undefeated beast.

Lennox went into a war against Mason and knocked him out.
      Lennox's fights were exciting as hell, just that nobody even talk about it
      the way they do Tysons

After he got pole axed by MCCall. He was put into a title eliminator against Lionel Butler.

Now this Lionel guy was a ****ing thug. Not a fake thug like Tyson who I felt did it for the media, but a real thug. He was connected to every big drug ring and street gang in at least a dozen cities. He was a known drug dealer and made heavy threats to Lennox and his familiy. He came into that fight with zero fear because he was high on crack obviously and Lennox had to beat him down like a rabid dog. That showed a lot of heart and character on Lennox's Part.

Comment

Lewis is a Top 5 ATG regardless of those 2 defeats.

We all wonder how Lewis-Bowe would've played out but at least he beat him easily in the Olympics. That has to count for something.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post
          Lewis is a Top 5 ATG regardless of those 2 defeats.

We all wonder how Lewis-Bowe would've played out but at least he beat him easily in the Olympics. That has to count for something.

Few people care about HW Division or history anymore because manny and pacquiao and floyd have taken over.

But the 90's was amazing. Some of these fights had more action in the first round then VItali and Wlad's entire career.

I SAW LIKE the first 30 seconds of Razer Ruddock vs Mike Tyson and I was like

Holy ****. lol .

One of my favorite moments is when Bowe went up to Lennox after Holyfield fight
          and started his trash talk and Lennox as great as he is was not a good trash talker. It was pretty funny. But Lennox predicated he will have to call Bowe 'chicken bowe' and his predication came true.

The HOlyfield BOWE though in my opinion will beat a Prime Vitali and Prime Wlad easily. Easily. So tough to tell if Lennox could handle the HOlyfield version of Bowe at that time.

Comment

stopped reading at "drugged"

Comment

Originally posted by polarcub View Post
              He's 100% a top 10 ATG right now as it is because he defeated every single men he ever faced. Going back and showing courage in avenging his defeats to Mc Call and Rahman in stunning fashion.

BUT let's say he was never drugged against Rahman or MCCall and chicken Bowe didn't duck him. Will he be considered the best HW of all times?

He will basically finish 47-0, and a clear case can be made in pushing him from Top 10 to number one.
              Tyson was also drugged against every guy that beat him. I like that excuse.

No, Lewis did not face the right guys at the right time to be considered GOAT. He never went life and death with any fighter. I don't think he had the chin to go life and death with anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by polarcub View Post
                The one thing I admired most about Mike Tyson and Lennox Lewis in all their interviews is that neither one

EVERY MADE ANY EXCUSES. EVER.

The difference is Mike had 10x the fan support compared to Lennox and had people made excuses for Mike.

Lennox Mike and Evander were like if you had 3 kids, and you loved the youngest you love the oldest, the middle is your best by far but you don't care about the middle child.

It's surreal the amount of **** and disrespect Lennox got during his era but he still managed to lead the best life out of the 3. Ya Lennox sound arrogant and conceited at times during his interviews, but honestly so will you if you had to eat a whole decade of bull**** like he did.

People don't even know the small details that made lennox great.

Gary Mason

Who the hell is gary mason? You ask?

well ONLY the undefeated EURO CHAMP during Lennox's early days, Mason was feared by all of Europe and was in talks of becoming Mike Tyson's next opponent. Lennox only had like 14 fights heading into Gary Mason and everyone counted him out. They were like no way a green kid like Lennox will beat this undefeated beast.

Lennox went into a war against Mason and knocked him out.
                Lennox's fights were exciting as hell, just that nobody even talk about it
                the way they do Tysons

After he got pole axed by MCCall. He was put into a title eliminator against Lionel Butler.

Now this Lionel guy was a ****ing thug. Not a fake thug like Tyson who I felt did it for the media, but a real thug. He was connected to every big drug ring and street gang in at least a dozen cities. He was a known drug dealer and made heavy threats to Lennox and his familiy. He came into that fight with zero fear because he was high on crack obviously and Lennox had to beat him down like a rabid dog. That showed a lot of heart and character on Lennox's Part.
                Mason detached his retina in that fight an injury that he also suffered from in the fight before.

Comment

Originally posted by RossCA View Post
                  Tyson was also drugged against every guy that beat him. I like that excuse.

No, Lewis did not face the right guys at the right time to be considered GOAT. He never went life and death with any fighter. I don't think he had the chin to go life and death with anyone.
                  Who cares if he didn't "go life and death"?

And what about the Vitali fight? As well as the Ray Mercer fight. Both pretty brutal affairs.

Comment

He's not the GOAT because of his resume (which was outstanding)

But Ali, Holyfield, Foreman etc etc all fought better fighters. End of.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                      Raped? He got KOed by two hail mary punches. And the McCall fight was stopped prematurely imo.

And Id like to hear even 10 better Hws than Lennox.
                      ali
                      tyson
                      marciano
                      dempsey
                      johnson
                      charles
                      holmes
                      frazier
                      foreman
                      holyfield
                      louis

gave you 11

also i agree with you it got stopped prematurely but it was still a loss.

people claiming he was drugged are ******ed...same way we can claim wlad got drugged in all of his losses but no he lost fair and square.

Comment

Working...
                      X