No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: It’s Official: Zab's Done. Stevenson’s The Best

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: It’s Official: Zab's Done. Stevenson’s The Best

By Lyle Fitzsimmons - I concede, it would have been a musical faux pas of Philly to Brooklyn magnitude.

But as Zab Judah exited the ring early Sunday morning, it would have been an ideal moment to cue up a classic Boyz II Men jam to accompany him and his team on a long, unsatisfying slog back to the dressing room.

After 12 maddeningly ineffectual rounds with a light-hitting but insistent Paulie Malignaggi, it was clear the man once known as “Super Judah” had irrefutably reached the "End of the Road."

And it wasn’t just a frustrated capacity crowd in Brooklyn that thought so.

Nearly every member of a multi-voiced Showtime broadcast team shoveled dirt on Judah’s inactive carcass at some point during his 36 minutes with the “Magic Man,” labeling him anywhere from “outhustled” to “ineffective” to “disinterested” as the proceedings wore on. [Click Here To Read More]

Zab is cashing out, he'll be the journeyman challenger a few times too many...was a nice career if only he'd have the focus earlier on in his career this kid could've had a completely different career..sad the focus came at a time when the skills were gone.

Comment

Wow, such a huge disparity between the IBO and WBA

Comment

No issues with Stevenson getting FOTY, but I don't get why some people act like Boone, Bellew, Cloud, and Dawson is significantly better than Campillo, Cleverly, White, and Sillakh (whom Lyle picked to stop Kovalev in 6--would he pick the likes of Cloud, Boone, or Bellew to defeat Kovalev?).

So many seem to forget that Campillo schooled Cloud and Cleverly beat Bellew, and all of Kovalev's opponents had some momentum or a streak of wins entering the ring against him. That cannot be said of Cloud (should've had two straight losses entering the Stevenson fight), Dawson (had just been badly stopped by a guy who doesn't stop people), or Boone (3 straight losses entering the Stevenson rematch; stopped in only 2 by Kovalev a couple bouts earlier).
        Last edited by Levity; 12-11-2013, 02:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          By Lyle Fitzsimmons - I concede, it would have been a musical faux pas of Philly to Brooklyn magnitude.

But as Zab Judah exited the ring early Sunday morning, it would have been an ideal moment to cue up a classic Boyz II Men jam to accompany him and his team on a long, unsatisfying slog back to the dressing room.

After 12 maddeningly ineffectual rounds with a light-hitting but insistent Paulie Malignaggi, it was clear the man once known as “Super Judah” had irrefutably reached the "End of the Road."

And it wasn’t just a frustrated capacity crowd in Brooklyn that thought so.

Nearly every member of a multi-voiced Showtime broadcast team shoveled dirt on Judah’s inactive carcass at some point during his 36 minutes with the “Magic Man,” labeling him anywhere from “outhustled” to “ineffective” to “disinterested” as the proceedings wore on. [Click Here To Read More]
          it seems to me that the 2013 percentages claimed byt eh writer are all wrong. This has bothered me for quite a while . 39 is just over 48% of 80, and 41 is roughly 52% of 80, actually about 51.3% not 67% as claimed.

Comment

Originally posted by Levity View Post
            No issues with Stevenson getting FOTY, but I don't get why some people act like Boone, Bellew, Cloud, and Dawson is significantly better than Campillo, Cleverly, White, and Sillakh (whom Lyle picked to stop Kovalev in 6--would he pick the likes of Cloud, Boone, or Bellew to defeat Kovalev?).

So many seem to forget that Campillo schooled Cloud and Cleverly beat Bellew, and all of Kovalev's opponents had some momentum or a streak of wins entering the ring against him. That cannot be said of Cloud (should've had two straight losses entering the Stevenson fight), Dawson (had just been badly stopped by a guy who doesn't stop people), or Boone (3 straight losses entering the Stevenson rematch; stopped in only 2 by Kovalev a couple bouts earlier).
            You could add to that, all of Kovalev's fights have been away from home. I'd pick Stevenson as Dawson was the Ring champ and he did beat B-Hop, either would be a worthy winner doe.

Comment

Zab Judah; the new Demarcus Corley

Comment

"Boxing's ****roach" - Lyle Fitzsimmons clearly has no respect for fighters. Bottom feeder through and through.

Comment

**** this article

Zab is a former eelterweight and jr welterweight champion have some respect.

Another thing, Zab lost to Al Haymon

Zab didnt get touched for 7 rounds til his dad said " thry got haymon"

watch it round 7. They tried to force Zab to k.o Paulie if not the scorecards would give it to paulie

Zab barely got touched all night FOH

Comment

I really hate his Stevenson situation. I really believe he's a champion cause of perfect timing and not cause "he's the best."

Whatever.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                    X