I think Floyd's tough guy person is face and here's why

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Floyd's tough guy person is face and here's why

It all for our entertainment.

Everyone has seen the clips of how floyd's most interviews got more and more brash. Compare that to the wrestling career of Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson.

Her started off as the sweet Grandson of the legend Rocky Maivia just looking to live up to his legendary name. But he did not become the wrestling Icon that he is until he adapted "the Rock" as his persona. Brash tough talking cocky etc. and whether you loved him (like me) or loved to hate him (like my cousin) when we knew he was going to defend his belt we were glued to the TV

I think this compares favorably to Floyd. He knows that what he says and does outside of the ring is just as important as what he does inside of the ring. And just like in my illustration whether you love him or hate him when he fights you want to see it.

Also look at the number of views and replies just on this forum to any topic that has his name in it.

Any thoughts on this?

I see the comparison your tryna make but I don't really agree...

Comment

Originally posted by -EX- View Post
      I see the comparison your tryna make but I don't really agree...
      care to elaborate?

Comment

Originally posted by RapidFire_Royce View Post
        care to elaborate?
        When The Rock speaks everyone knows its for entertainment...when Floyd says he's the best ever and better than certain legends, he actually believes it...

And The Rock has as far as I know a pretty squeaky clean image outside of wrestling...he doesn't have a bunch of court cases and isn't burning money (I could use some).

The tough guy act I'm sure is fake but Floyd really is insecure if you ask me...

His own Daddy says it and he just comes across that way...

Regardless I like what he does in the ring but I think a loss at any point would destroy him...his ego and whole persona, he probably would never fight again...

Comment

Ahh yes i see the actual legal issues would add another level to it.

But i do still thinks he knows his lofty claims that he is the best adds another element to seeing him fight. Because if you hate him how could you deal with missing the moment when the camera is focused on him after that loss? or watching him have to go through the post right interviews discussing what happened?

I agree with both points you made but i still think he knows how to even get people who hate him to still watch him fight.

Comment

and whether you loved him (like me)

Comment

I agree with both points you made but i still think he knows how to even get people who hate him to still watch him fight.
              Yeah I think he does...he better not lose though...the way he carries himself people are gonna kill him if he loses...especially if it isn't against Pac...

Like Floyd said everything is on the line, and Floyd apparently thinks Ortiz would take his fanbase with a win...

Comment

every one who meets floyds says he is a nice guy and totally different to what you see on tv

Comment

jeez, another ***** WWE fan. smh

Comment

Originally posted by -EX- View Post
                    when Floyd says he's the best ever and better than certain legends, he actually believes it...

well DUH!!!!!.. isn't that the mind set you're suppose to have as a fighter??.. whats wrong with that? absolutely nothing

roy jones was the same way until he lost, naseem hamed was the same way... hell a **** load of fighters are like that, its no big deal

Comment

Working...
                    X