Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honestly, is there anyone in here who doesn't see SRR as the GOAT?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JACK D. RIPPER View Post
    Hauser killed it w/ a story about him on Maxboxing today.

Dude lost 1 time in his first 130 bouts, lol...

That ****s unheard of.
    different era.

Comment

Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post
      130 bouts in itself would be an impossible feat by today's standards.. So it's really difficult to put that into perspective as modern fighters don't come anywhere near fighting that many times in their entire careers. I'm not saying he isn't the GOAT but could you even give a single paragraph of information on 30 opponents from those 130 fights? If not, then how do you even know the value of the victories?
      GTFO here Drew.

I'm sure there was his share of David Diazes and Ricky Hattons in there, but come on, you think he fought 130 scrubs?

All you have to do is watch 5 minutes of B&W footage to see how good he was.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr._Pink View Post
        different era.
        Yeah, before boxing became a ***** sport where dudes fight 2 times a year max.

SRR's era was a man's era.

Comment

GTFO here Drew.

I'm sure there was his share of David Diazes and Ricky Hattons in there, but come on, you think he fought 130 scrubs?

easier to find 130 scrubs than 130 good fighters.

btw david diaz and ricky hatton are probably better than most of the scrubs in his resume.

Comment

jay jay

in your own words, please explain to me why YOU feel he is the GREATEST BOXER OF ALL TIME

Comment

Judah would look like god if he fought scrubs

Comment

Henry Armstrong has something to say about that and Harry Greb does aswell. You can say what you want and you can say Sugar is above those two but really there is not much between them.

Comment

btw david diaz and ricky hatton are probably better than most of the scrubs in his resume.
                  Honestly, pink. You were the last person I'd expect to pop in here with *******ation.

Comment

He has also fought many great fighters.

Comment

GTFO here Drew.

I'm not saying they were all David Diazes. And to be fare I bet Diaz could have given a bunch of them great trouble. However, I'm saying I don't know many of his opponents very well.. I'm really only very familiar with his Basillio and Lamotta bouts. To be fair I'm not claiming to be well versed in SRR history but I'm just saying I have difficulty making such bold assertions about SRR greatness since I just don't know that much. Are there any really good Docs available on him that anyone can suggest? I'd definitely be interested in learning more about it..

Comment

Working...
                      X