Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

boxing is brutal. one controversial win and you're a bum. a hypejob.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
    JMM had the option of weighing 140. He wasnt being forced to weigh in at 144. What happened to the size and weight advantage that Pac was suppose to have on him?
    You know what I am saying but are playing stupid.

Manny is not a bum but its hard to argue he is the best fighter in the world or in his generation when he clearly has problems with any opponent who boxes, and his arch rival has dominated all opponents accept 1, who he rematched and obliterated.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      No Mayabang, its not about JMM its about Manny. He simply isn't a smart enough or good enough BOXER. He doesn't have the ability to deal with multiple styles in the ring. He can only live up to expectations when faced with inferior competition. He still has something to prove.
      Thsi doesnt make any sense. By this logic would you say Floyd still has something to prove? Because as far as i know, he has NEVER been the underdog, because he is always the superior competition.

And like i said previously, the better fighter is always suppsoe to win, if you count out luck or whatever.

So just because people thought JMM was inferior doesnt mean he is Inferior, people just accessed it all wrong. People were wrong, doesnt change the fact that JMM is better or worst.

Comment

It wasn't one controversial win. This is their 3rd fight. Just admit Pacquaio is not that great. People forgetting Marquez was 38 and Pac is 32. Imagine if they were the same age. Pac is already on the decline and he's only 32. Now imagine if Pac was 38.......fight wouldn't even be competitive

Comment

Originally posted by CantBeTouched View Post
          It wasn't one controversial win. This is their 3rd fight. Just admit Pacquaio is not that great. People forgetting Marquez was 38 and Pac is 32. Imagine if they were the same age. Pac is already on the decline and he's only 32. Now imagine if Pac was 38.......fight wouldn't even be competitive
          WTF is this bull****. People age differently.

Most boxers decline beofre 30. Hell i think Cotto was delcining at 29.

Comment

You know what I am saying but are playing stupid.

Manny is not a bum but its hard to argue he is the best fighter in the world or in his generation when he clearly has problems with any opponent who boxes, and his arch rival has dominated all opponents accept 1, who he rematched and obliterated.
            Obliberated? LOL. He outboxed Castillo in the 2nd fight and won decisively. Far from an obliberation. Now what he did to Gatti was an obliberation..

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
              EVERYONE (except the judges) had very HIGH expectations on Pacquiao. It's his charisma and downfall at the same time.
              And yet, after failing miserably to meet this 'high expectation', the judges gave the win, when most boxing fans and experts believe Marquez won.

That's not 'downfall', but quite the opposite.

For me though, this isn't about Pacquiao. I am a boxing fan. And in the fight I saw a man who was a heavy underdog, expected by many to be knocked out within a few rounds, rise above these expectations, and execute an almost perfect game plan to win in most people's eyes.

He was denied victory on his third and probably final try, even after such a tremendous performance, and it makes me sad and angry.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxn View Post
                Exactly. Manny is getting criticized, BUT i dont think he deserves it as much as hes getting.

Simply because its not his fault that people expected more of him than he actually was. Its not his fault people access his REAL abilities incorrectly.

People will use this performance to say that Manny just isnt as good as they thought, and question his past performance, but MAYBE like any other fighter, hes just in his decline, and there is nothing wrong with that. Everyone will decline.
                As a manny fan of course you don't. The problem is manny has had the same problem with boxers no matter the weight or his age. Thats why he doesn't get matched with boxers often.

Simply because its not his fault that people expected more of him than he actually was. Its not his fault people access his REAL abilities incorrectly.

Horrible cop oput on your part. If manny is the best in the world as you argue then he should have to prove it, same way others have. In the minds of many true boxing fans he hasn't done it yet and failed to do it this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxn View Post
                  Thsi doesnt make any sense. By this logic would you say Floyd still has something to prove? Because as far as i know, he has NEVER been the underdog, because he is always the superior competition.

And like i said previously, the better fighter is always suppsoe to win, if you count out luck or whatever.

So just because people thought JMM was inferior doesnt mean he is Inferior, people just accessed it all wrong. People were wrong, doesnt change the fact that JMM is better or worst.
                  But you and other posters and media members do say floyd has something to prove. Welcome to the real world dude where respect is earned, not given.

Lets see if manny can handle the spotlight when its bright and unfriendly. Its easy when all you gotta do is sing off key songs on Kimmel. Lets see what happens when he gets the floyd treatment.

Comment

As a manny fan of course you don't. The problem is manny has had the same problem with boxers no matter the weight or his age. Thats why he doesn't get matched with boxers often.

Horrible cop oput on your part. If manny is the best in the world as you argue then he should have to prove it, same way others have. In the minds of many true boxing fans he hasn't done it yet and failed to do it this time.
                    Errr i never argued that Manny is the best in the World. Look through my post history, never once hinted at that. I am a fan of his though.

You said Manny has always had problems with boxers no matter weight or age. So why did you say it was a mismatch, before the fight?

Comment

Pacs not a bum people just got tired of all the hype, hes just doesnt look as amazing vs people who actually know how to box, thats it....

Comment

Working...
                      X