Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the best chance to be P4P #1 Andre Ward, Yuriorkis Gamboa, or Nonito Donaire?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andre Ward has the best chance at P4P #1. He hasn't made a bad move or did anything stupid outside the ring. He fought the best in his division and beat them convincingly. He is in a competition filled with the top boxers of his division. He deserves all the credit.

Nonito Donaire is a dumb guy who loves to waste away his prime years in limbo. He did it against Gary Shaw so he could jump ship to Top Rank. And now, he is in limbo again trying to jump ship from Top Rank to GBP. DUMB is the best word to describe him. He doesn't know how to read a contract.

Yuriorkis Gamboa is a mystifying fighter. A great fighter of Cuban heritage but lacks the Cuban support. His fans are mostly hardcore boxing fans of all colors and races. Where are the Cuban-Americans? He even fought in Florida but the stadiums were still empty.
    Last edited by jjbj2; 06-04-2011, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
      Lets hope so.

Donaire will move up to feather and maybe beyond, but Gamboa may move up and always stay a weight class away.

Donaire is fighting the top names around, Gamboa has yet to be tested on the highest level.
      I don't see Gamboa going beyond lightweight, his frame will not allow him to move to jww and beyond imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Hi Hater View Post
        I would go with Ward. Ward has the bigger names available to him. Ward could potentially beat Froch, Bute, Hopkins, Dawson, Martinez, etc. I think Donaire is currently the best out of the 3 but I think Gamboa has the most potential. One thing that Gamboa and Donaire have working against them is the weight classes they fight in. It's hard to be P4P number 1 fighting in the lower weight classes.
        I voted donaire. Ward has great talent but he puts u to sleep. He s never gonna grab the worlds attention if he can't even get anyone to sit through an entire fight.

Donaire on the other hand has it all, tallent, speed, the look, all he needs to do is get a real manager and explain to his chick her job is to look good, not fuk up his career and he ll be fine.

Comment

I would go with Ward...ONLY BECAUSE HIS DIVISION IS LOADED and it will get WAY MORE ATTENTION AND COVERAGE then the other Divisions that Gamboa and Nonito are in, if he wins the Super Six and then beat Bute, he would be rated VERY HIGH so basically he has a big advantage because he will have more big names to fight to build his Resume...even if he wins the Tournament and even if he beats Bute, it will STILL BE MORE FIGHTS AVAILABLE FOR HIM...still can fight Dirrell in the future, he could easily move up to 175 and fight Dawson, Pascal, Cloud and you have up and coming fighters like Peter Quillin, Groves, Marco Antonio Periban, Edwin Rodriguez as well as DeGale (despite losing to Groves) in that division

Sadly, the smaller guys don't get as much Coverage or Support as the bigger guys and casual fans usually don't care about the divisions lower then maybe 135 which sucks.

That Bantamweight Division is actually very loaded also with Nonito, Agbeko, Mares, Vic, Moreno as well as the two very good fighters from Japan: Yamanaka and Kameda but the problem is that nobody really knows or care for those fighters besides Nonito. Maybe if Mares can beat Agbeko, Golden Boy Promotions can push him as that other guy in the division and him and Nonito come together for a big showdown in the future, that would could help maybe get Nonito up to #1
          Last edited by KnockUTheFukOut; 06-04-2011, 04:52 PM.

Comment

I voted donaire because I can see him steadily going up in weight and dominating.

I would like to vote Gamboa but the sad truth for him is that there aren't any really big names for him to fight in his division or the division immediately north of where he's at. There is Chris John, Rafa marquez and Lopez. Even if he beats all three he wouldn't be #1 and 130 pounds is a ghost town for the most part.

Ward has a great chance as well, but I kinda think he's unpopular and that does effect P4P opinions. After he beats Froch/Johnson he'll be top 5 after that he'll need to beat a couple more big names like Bute then maybe go up to LHW and get a big win or two there to become #1.

Comment

Donaire.... He is in such a talented division. He's already steam-rolled through Sydorenko and Montiel (a future HoF'er), and there's still the chance to fight Moreno, Mares, Agbeko and Darchinyan. And if he moves to 122 or 126 there's Nishioka, Arce, Salido, JML, John, and Jhonny Gonzalez.

Comment

I voted Ward, but it's really between him and Donaire here. Ward has more upside I think though. But it's REALLY close.

Comment

Ward has the best chance to be #1, but has the most difficult course. Bute and Froch both have a 50/50 chance to beat him and I don't see anyone beating Donaire and Gamboa within their respected weight classes.

Comment

Probably Donaire, since hes already rated highly and will fill in the spot when the top guys drop off, which will happen eventually.

Ward probably wont. I mean, if all these consecutive high level wins have only got him to p4p #10, I have a hard time believing that people will let him be #1 since his style isnt as explosive as Donaire's. and unfortunately p4p lists are partially popularity contests.

Comment

Donaire is probably my favorite out of the three, followed very closely by Gamboa. Those two are just very exciting and explosive.

But I doubt they are really going to move up in weight, and if they do, they are not going to make huge jumps.

Nonito is almost 29, and Gamboa is already 30. Fighters usually stay in their divisions once they get around this age, but I could be wrong. I hope they do move up and challenge other fighters. Unfortunately, they don't really have much competition.

Comment

Working...
                      X