No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Video: De La Hoya Confident Ortiz Beats Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Video: De La Hoya Confident Ortiz Beats Mayweather

Luis Sandoval catches up with Golden Boy Promotions President Oscar De La Hoya to discuss Victor Ortiz's upcoming defense of the WBC welterweight title against Floyd Mayweather Jr., and more. [Click Here To Read More]

i think once a human becomes a promoter everything they say should be taken as bull****

Comment

Originally posted by boxer2k5 View Post
      i think once a human becomes a promoter everything they say should be taken as bull****
      Seriously. How many ****in times have we heard this from Oscar now?

Comment

Yeah, I agree with DLH. I think this is the end of the road for Fraud Boy.

Should be an entertaining night..

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          Luis Sandoval catches up with Golden Boy Promotions President Oscar De La Hoya to discuss Victor Ortiz's upcoming defense of the WBC welterweight title against Floyd Mayweather Jr., and more. [Click Here To Read More]
          Very familiar song composed and performed by Oscar DeLa Hoya copywrite exists.
          He was very confident he would beat Mayweather
          He was also very confident that Ricky Hatton would beat Mayweather
          He was very confident Juan Manuel Marquez would beat Mayweather
          He was very certain Mosley would beat Mayweather
          All these times he was on the wrong and he still continues singing the same song.

Mayweather and DelaHoya left Top Rank with an agreement to go and fight.They have had a very good working relationship otherwise Mayweather wouldnt be using Golden Boy.I'm sure Mayweather knows DelaHoya's just promoting the fight because Ortiz's chances range from very slim to non existent

Comment

Originally posted by Las Vegas View Post

You dont believe that crap for one second.

Comment

Originally posted by Las Vegas View Post

And why didn't PISS BOY do it??? Was he not good enough??? Can't say it can't be done seeing that Sugar Ray Leonard was beat by a bloated WW Hector Camacho.

Comment

Oscar looks extremely vulnerable now. He's in an incredibly tough business that is very mentally taxing. I hope he is strong enough to stay away from the sauce/dope. He might find it impossible to be both a promoter in such a challenging business, and also stay sober. I hope for his sake he can do both. If not, he should walk away - or release the reigns to Schaefer.

Comment

As somebody in recovery from drug & alcohol addiction, Oscar is walking a fine/dangerous line by being a boxing promoter because as stated already boxing promoters (and publicists) are professional liars and BS artists. That's like addict behavior, so for Oscar to be in recovery while at the same time maintaining his job as a professional BS artist, well...that can't be easy and it's a huge red flag, a huge conflict, and my guess is that his sponsor probably feels it puts him at risk. Being in recovery, among other things, is about making amends and getting REAL with your feelings and dealings with others.

Being a boxing promoter is the TOTAL opposite of that, IMO.

Oscar is at risk for relapse.

Comment

Always thought it was ****ty of Oscar to go to UK to promote Khan and leave Ortiz alone when he faced Berto. I understand it, but Ortiz probably felt he was already an afterthought for Golden Boy and was expected to lose. Then he wins and Oscar is once again his bff. Meh...

Comment

Working...
                    X