No announcement yet.

The Unpopular Opinion thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
    If the Klitschko's were black 95% of their current fan base would be talking about how much they suck and how much of a god Nikolai Valuev is.

Manny Steward blows dead bear as a color commentator.

"Fans" are the biggest idiots on the planet and wouldn't know an objective fact if it slapped their eyeballs out of their sockets.

Pernell Whitaker had more talent in his third leg than Julio Cesar Crybaby had in his entire body.

Poet
    Even for a post in an unpopular opinion thread, that's a very unpopular opinion!

Kudos, however, on the props given to Howard!

Comment

Here's a few...

Roy Jones is one of the most overrated fighters of all time.

I'd rather get punched with a bare fist than a wrapped/gloved one.

Vitali should have been DQ'd for trying to kick Lennox Lewis.

Sugar Ray beat Hagler, and I'm from Brockton.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry A View Post
        But when they're on his bandwagon, why don't they give the same type credit to Wills, who beat Langford what, 13-14 times?

The defense rests....
        Because Langford was already past-it at the time they first fought and was pretty well washed-up for a majority (10) of their 17 fights while Wills was in his prime. The two never met prime on prime.

Poet

Comment

Bernard Hopkins' success over the past 5 years has as much to do with the level of today's fighters as it does his greatness.

Comment

Kudos, however, on the props given to Howard!
            Howard had a unique ability to make even a crap matchup feel like it was an event and could infuse drama into even the lamest fight.....I just don't use his commentary as a reference for what's actually going on in the ring: His job was to keep the viewers riveted to their screens, not to be accurate in breaking down the action. Truth be told, if I'm analyzing a fight I ignore the announcers no matter who's doing the announcing.....none of them are really giving an accurate picture.

Poet

Comment

Sure Barn.....

No way Bob Fitzsimmons was an ATG at heavyweight. At heavyweight, he would not make my all-time top 100. He was basically a super-middleweight or small lightheavyweight who solar-plexed Jim Corbett!

Sam Langford, compared to Harry Wills, gets too much respect & Wills not enough. Harry Wills was the better fighter of the two, but some guys are enamered with ol' Sam. That's OK, he was a very good fighter. But when they're on his bandwagon, why don't they give the same type credit to Wills, who beat Langford what, 13-14 times?

The defense rests....
              Langford first fought Wills when he was 31 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by kendom View Post
                Langford first fought Wills when he was 31 years old.
                31 AND had had over 115 fights.

Poet

Comment

People who "don't like" Max Kellerman are just jealous of him, and want his gig.

People who insult Dan Rafael because of his weight are equally as jealous for the same reason.

Comment

Originally posted by fitefanSHO View Post
                    People who "don't like" Max Kellerman are just jealous of him, and want his gig.

People who insult Dan Rafael because of his weight are equally as jealous for the same reason.

Kellerman does what we're all doing right now....but gets paid very well for it.

Rafael? He's become rather biased, and appears to be a Top Rank shill.

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                      31 AND had had over 115 fights.

Poet
                      The age when he reportedly lost all self discipline in terms of diet and training.

Comment

Working...
                      X