No announcement yet.

So In 24-7 They Confirmed That...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
    That is a very valid point. The thing is that unlike a third party, the commission would have the authority to cancel the fight. IMO the positive test would likely result in a hefty payoff to the clean party as opposed to the fight being called off.
    True they would have to have it in the contract that the fight would be cancled if the third party came back with positive results.

It is possible it would go that way though depending on what the third party was, I don't think USADA would go along with that but some privete lab yea I could see that playing out.

Would depend on the other fighter aswell some guys would probably say screw it and get paid.

Comment

i'd be pissed at the boxer, not the test

Comment

I would be extremely pissed. I am still pissed off because we didn't get to see Pacquiao-Mayweather already because of blood testing issues, so if this fight gets cut 2 weeks before I would flip out.

Comment

I'd hope neither of them are dumb enough to fail these tests after agreeing to them. How ******ed would that be...? I'd be fucking pissed.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            The NSAC is well aware of how many people are cheating and they've even covered up for some. No way do they want to implement testing that'll catch a whole bunch of fighters (and it will). And you know what happens if they DO implement it? The promoters will move the fight to places like Texas and then Nevada loses the money. THAT'S the reason why it hasn't been implemented...and THAT'S the reason why third party testing is, in essence, the only way to go right now.
            That is another good point unless every state has the same standard cheaters will find soft spots and exploit them. It would be hard for Nevada to go through with that unless every state did the same thing and getting 50 different commissions to agree on something like that would be very hard since that has basically never happeaned.

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
              I'd hope neither of them are dumb enough to fail these tests after agreeing to them. How ******ed would that be...? I'd be fucking pissed.
              I gotta admit it'd be funny if Mayweather tested positive for HGH or something after all this.

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
                ...one single positive test would result in an immediate cancellation of the fight

how would you feel if one of them popped during fight week and the whole card was scrapped?

please vote and discuss
                Mack-Milly,

How you doin', my dude?

On to the topic:

Why do you guys think that the Comissions do NOT want stricter drug testing? When manny Ramirez gets suspended, the games go on and the Dodgers still make money.

If a fight is cancelled, nobody makes money. This whole thing is all about money. Period.

Imagine if Vargas had tested positive pre-fight. Or Mayorga. That is $60 million dollars in revenue for each of those fights that would have been gone.

Do you see how the promoters scrambled to save Guzman-Funeka even though Joan weighed 9 pounds over? Well, if Ali had tested positive the fight would have been cancelled. HBO would be pissed, and the promoters would be ass-out. After investing money on camp expenses and putting down venue deposits.

They would rather look the other way. Everybody's job is to make sure the fight happens. It's a sham.

It takes balls to do what Shane is doing. Imagine if he tested positive pre-fight. After all this hype and 24/7's and everything. How pissed would you be at him?

Comment

Originally posted by S.G. View Post
                  I gotta admit it'd be funny if Mayweather tested positive for HGH or something after all this.
                  I think that might not make me as mad of the fight getting canceled if it was on FLoyds part because it would be kind of funny lol

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
                    ...one single positive test would result in an immediate cancellation of the fight

how would you feel if one of them popped during fight week and the whole card was scrapped?

please vote and discuss
                    id be fukin pissed if the fight doesnt happen cause of that

Comment

I would be angry, but blaming the tests is just stupid..

Way to make the question directed that way..

Comment

Working...
                      X