Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Wins: Brandon Rios vs. Lucas Matthysse at 140 Lbs.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Matthysse batters the younger Rios.

Comment

Originally posted by liraj View Post
      Lucas Mathysse has knocked out every single right handed fighter they put in front of him, Rios and Garcia would be 2 more victims.
      matthysse also has superb boxing abilities compared to rios who takes as well as gives equal punishment, that is a recipe for disaster since matthysse's knock out ratio is put into effect with come forward fighters llike rios, rios get slaughtered into a TKO in the late rounds

Comment

Originally posted by sapaw View Post
        its a toss up! both have great chins and good puncher... but a little edge to Rios after I've seen him taking some bomb shots from Alvarado... But I'm almost sure, it will be a KO either of the two.
        i don't think its that close, just take olusegun-matthysse fight, a brawler type fight. olusegun had a granite chin and an undefeated record, we all know how that played out

Comment

this fight will never get made as long as arum is still the head hancho at top rank, too bad. i don't blame him, GBP are a bunch of ass kissing back stabbers. and i used to think arum was too damn greedy for his own good, GBP now calling out arum like beggars

Comment

Originally posted by scapegoat09 View Post
            From what I've seen between the two, I'd highly favored Rios on this matchup, just because Lucas can't take a punch (power puncher).
            You're kind of right about that. He can take a punch but he's not indestructible, naw meen?

Comment

Originally posted by Tha_Greatest View Post
              i totally agree with maniac on everything he said, i can picture rios winning but mathysse has serious power, lucas will be in a different kinda war where he really will see how his chin holds up, lucas will be seenn how he handles inside, lucas can win this only by tko cause rios wont quit
              I can see Rios' in fighting overwhwleming Matthysse. You have to box Rios otherwise you get overtaken by a tornado of punches.

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
                You're kind of right about that. He can take a punch but he's not indestructible, naw meen?
                I agree, Rios has a better chin and better recuperative powers but Matt is more skilled and a quicker fighter too, he uses the ring a lot more too. I think this is as brutal as long as it lasts but Lucas' power and better skills will give him the win.

I think this is the level Matt should be fighting at, just below elite, every time he takes a step up, he gets beat.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                  I agree, Rios has a better chin and better recuperative powers but Matt is more skilled and a quicker fighter too, he uses the ring a lot more too. I think this is as brutal as long as it lasts but Lucas' power and better skills will give him the win.

I think this is the level Matt should be fighting at, just below elite, every time he takes a step up, he gets beat.
                  Matthysse doesn't move enough to beat Rios like that. You have to box Rios. The only guy who I think stops him like the way you described is Keith Thurman.

Rios is bigger than Matthysse also.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                    Rios is easy to hit and Matthysse is a fast very hard puncher with almost all of his fights ending with him the winner by KO. Rios is tough and game but he can be hurt and knocked down. Matthysse will KO Rios in my opinion and he does not need to wear him down. He can flatten Rios whenever he lands his bombs including the first round. Rios has good power but I think he will be getting hurt to much to land his own bombs and I have never seen Matthysse hurt in a fight. He is just as tough as Rios and a better boxer and a harder puncher.
                    Oh, he's hurtable.

I think Rios is tougher and the better inside fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
                      Matthysse doesn't move enough to beat Rios like that. You have to box Rios. The only guy who I think stops him like the way you described is Keith Thurman.

Rios is bigger than Matthysse also.
                      Thurman is a better mover but Matt is much better than Rios but yeah Rios is that side advantage. Anyway, I didn't say he'd stop Rios, but he would beat him on points.

Comment

Working...
                      X