Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'That's what his *ss gets' - Tim Bradley rips Manny Pacquiao and praises Marquez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
    Why didn't you make that point in the threads about Rios Abril, or PWill Lara, or Chavez Whittaker? Some of us more experienced boxing observers recognize the fact that robberies happen in boxing.

Here's a link to the tremendously one sided press row cards. Notice the average is 117-111, which qualifies as wide:

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Ma...imothy_Bradley
    The only fight IMO that qualifies as a robbery is Pwill vs Lara..I think the word robbery gets thrown around far to often..For heavens sake you have people claiming Matt vs Judah was a robbery which it clearly wasn't..

Comment

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
      bradley took the first 2 rounds and he EASILY took the last 3 by outboxing pacquiao who was exhausted from punching air at that point. that's 5 rounds right there. i gave pacquiao the 2 close rounds that occurred during the mid rounds which ultimately won him the fight. the judges might've seen those close rounds differently hence why bradley has the W. it was a damn close fight and their scorecards reflected that. then again i'm probably one of only a few to rewatch the fight. it seems a lot of people who have pacquiao by shutout are going off on fight night emotions rather than plain objectivity.
      You're in a very tiny minority with this view. Nothing more needs to be said

Comment

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
        i saw a closer fight in the replay but i still had pacquiao winning. why are you fixated on fight night press row cards and popular opinion all of a sudden? correct me if i'm wrong but, weren't you one of the guys parading up and down the street with a slowmo replay of pac-marquez IV?
        No absolutely not, I never brought up any slomos. In fact I brought up Pac JMM 3 press row cards that show a much closer fight than is commonly "remembered".

As you saw from the link, less about 5% of the quoted experts saw a close fight, with about 1% having Bradley winning. So I'm not saying it's an impossible or a biased opinion, but clearly a far fringe one.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
          The only fight IMO that qualifies as a robbery is Pwill vs Lara..I think the word robbery gets thrown around far to often..For heavens sake you have people claiming Matt vs Judah was a robbery which it clearly wasn't..
          Disagree. IMO both Rios Abril and Bradley Pac were wider than PWill Lara. IIRC I had PWill winning 4 rounds outright (not by default, as in Pac Bradley when Pac started coasting). On average the press guys scored Pac Bradley 9-3, just a bit wider.

Comment

Working...
          X