Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wladimir Klitschko Returns in March, Boytsov Possible

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Povetkin will vacate and go after the winner of the WBC eliminator.

I used to support him; but he (and his management) are a joke. He strolls around calling himself HW Champ. The guy is nothing more than a coward, which is strange, given his excellent amateur record.
    Last edited by yoz; 11-13-2012, 05:14 AM.

Comment

no point arranging as boystov likely pull out injured
      all in all i think its abit of publicity from boystov camp
      he should go for povtekin in february, as that fight will be over in 3 rounds
      or he could face seth mitchell (if he beats banks) as a revenge for beating his coach lol.

either way id rather see povetkin next

heard fury was trying to get boystov

Comment

Originally posted by dammage7 View Post
        no point arranging as boystov likely pull out injured
        all in all i think its abit of publicity from boystov camp
        he should go for povtekin in february, as that fight will be over in 3 rounds
        or he could face seth mitchell (if he beats banks) as a revenge for beating his coach lol.

either way id rather see povetkin next

heard fury was trying to get boystov
        Boytsov's team said it was too short notice to fight Fury.

Looks like (while that is also true) they might have been making sure he doesnt lose and mess up a pay day against Wlad

Comment

I thought he was going to fight O'Neal Bell.

Comment

Originally posted by WladimirK View Post
            Exactly. Wlad used to fight much more aggressive/ less careful in his younger days. Would be great to see him let go more and be more spectacular.
            Why should Wlad make the same mistakes again? Boxing is about hit and donīt get hit. His experience showed after rd 8 against Wach, he had to slow down to not punch himself out. Nothing wrong with being smart!!

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
              Povetkin will vacate and go after the winner of the WBC eliminator.

I used to support him; but he (and his management) are a joke. He strolls around calling himself HW Champ. The guy is nothing more than a coward, which is strange, given his excellent amateur record.
              Wasn't it Atlas who pulled Povetkin from fighting Wlad. If he fights Wlad next year, he's not really a coward.

Comment

How many years do people think Wlad has left? In 12 months or so there should be quite a few prime contenders really, so I wonder if he think he can clean up the new generation of heavyweights before he signs off for good.

Going by Big Bro's age I'm guessing he could. Perhaps Wlad's biggest challenges are yet to come.

Comment

don't really know much about Boytsov
                  would rather see him fight Pulev
                  he looks the best of all the contenders right now
                  Povetkin should be first on the list though
                  sick of these guys "not being ready" for a title shot
                  they just want Vit to give up his belt so they can duck Wlad
                  Wlad can clean out whose left in 2 yrs if they're willing to face him

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                    Why should Wlad make the same mistakes again? Boxing is about hit and donīt get hit. His experience showed after rd 8 against Wach, he had to slow down to not punch himself out. Nothing wrong with being smart!!
                    Point was, he has all the more experience nowadays, and can easily afford to be more aggressive against lesser opponents, his overall skill set gives him credit. I don't blame him for just cruising to a decision over Wach who showed not willing to go down. Most others would have been TKO 8.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
                      don't really know much about Boytsov
                      would rather see him fight Pulev
                      he looks the best of all the contenders right now
                      Povetkin should be first on the list though
                      sick of these guys "not being ready" for a title shot
                      they just want Vit to give up his belt so they can duck Wlad
                      Wlad can clean out whose left in 2 yrs if they're willing to face him
                      Yep, and they wont be willing

Comment

Working...
                      X