No announcement yet.

What next for Marco Huck?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What next for Marco Huck?

Haven't heard much from him since the Afolabi draw. Is he going to stay at CW?

Anyone have an update? I expect he'll be at the Povetkin-Rahman fight...

Sauerland want him to stay a Cruiserweight and keep bringing in that steady $$$, but he wants to go up to heavyweight. Said he has no interest in a third fight with Afolabi either.

It's time to move up isn't it? There aren't any particularly massive paydays in unifying, and chances are he'd lose against Hernandez/Wlodarczyk. He could keep defending his title against mandatory challengers until he loses it, I guess. I'd love to see him fight Tarver, but that **** ain't happening.

Comment

Yep. He wants Povetkin again, but you know he wont fight Huck again. If he's gonna lose, he'll get the Klitschko payday.

Originally posted by Boxing-Insider View Post

July 3rd, 2012
      By Johnny Walker
      WBA “regular” heavyweight champion Alexander Povetkin got all he could handle and then some when he defended his title against Marco “Captain” Huck in Germany, back in February of this year.

Huck–the WBO cruiserweight champion who moved up to take on Povetkin–appeared to control the second half of the fight, battering the Russian champion around the ring and landing the heavier blows. But the judges nevertheless awarded a questionable majority decision win to Povetkin, stunning and infuriating Huck and many objective boxing fans around the world.

Now, with Povetkin’s next challenger, the veteran Hasim Rahman, out of action due to a wrist injury that required surgery, Huck has eagerly volunteered to step in and take on Povetkin for a second time.

“The whole world saw in the first fight with Povetkin that I was the best,” Huck tells Bild.de.

“I definitely want to fight him again. The account is not yet closed.”

And the cruiserweight champion says he’s willing to step in for Rahman and fight Huck on a moment’s notice.

“I’ll go out on a fight with him right now. I will fight with Povetkin even wearing pajamas – and I’ll win!” says the Captain.

Likewise, Huck’s trainer Ulli Wegner says, “if [Povetkin] really wants it – no problem, let them box.

“We are willing to fight Alexander Povetkin in just over 3 weeks.”
      Rumors have circulated of a rescheduled date for Rahman and Povetkin, who were originally slated to fight on July 14 in Germany. But according to Povetkin’s manager, no opponent has yet been decided upon.

“Indeed, we are considering a match-up for Alexander in late July against a WBA-ranked fighter, and negotiations with the World Boxing Association are under way right now,” says Vladimir Hryunov.

Comment

should take afolabi once more! but probably takes some easier opponent now

Comment

He's fighting Firat Arslan in November.

Comment

Originally posted by SJM122 View Post
            He's fighting Firat Arslan in November.
            Who's Firat Arslan?

Comment

Working...
            X