Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Mistake EVERYBODY Makes Against Mayweather.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tyson View Post
    Floyd isn't very good on his front foot, so I would make him come after me by moving alot on my feet, mostly to my right. By doing this, I would force Floyd to reach with his awkward drop-jab, which is a dangerous punch because it can easily be countered, and it would force him to jump in with his trademark leaping left hook.
    In order to stop those hooks I would keep my chin down like Hopkins and would try to step forward at the same time as Floyd would put weight on his front foot, which he does just before unleashing those leaping hooks.

That way I would mess up the timing and accuracy as well as smothering the power of the punch. At the same time my forehead would be a real danger for Floyd's face seeing as he jumps in with his chin rather high.

Many will probably point out that Floyd has been coming forward successfully against the likes of Mosley, Judah and numerous others, but many fail to realize the difference between active aggression and passive aggression.
    Floyd uses, for the most part, passive aggression in order to force his opponent to play into his strengths; counterpunching and disrupting the rythm of his opponent so he can punch when his foe is off-balance.
    Even though Floyd might be coming forward, he wants you to fire first so he can counter you.

If you go back to the Marquez-fight, you can see the difference in Floyd's strategy compared to Mosley/Ortiz. He was actually more defensive against Marquez.
    I believe that he knew that Marquez wouldn't fall into the trap, but instead would wait for Floyd to make his move before firing back counters.
    That would be playing into Marquez's strengths, so he cleverly avoided that by forcing Marquez to be the fan-pleasing fighter who had to make it a fight.

So, if I were to fight Floyd, I would try to take away his strength (counterpunching and timing) by moving away from him and forcing him to always lead, I would try to eliminate the lead right hand by moving to the right and keeping my chin low so that if it did come, there would be a danger of heads clashing, and I would force him to lead with left jabs/left hooks, which can be countered by respectively straight rights and left hooks.

I wouldn't try to make my punches too hard, but rather focus on keeping my chin in cover of my shoulder due to his ridiculous speed, and I would focus on his feet movement/balance, because it's really quite obvious what he's looking to do if you watch his stance/balance/feet movement.

With a little holding, pushing and mauling thrown in, I'd expect to see Floyd a little bit out of his comfort zone after a while, and then we would see how great he really is.
    If this sounds a bit like Hopkins' style, it's because it's similar. Hopkins' style would be the perfect nightmare for Floyd's style. Cotto does some of the things I mentioned pretty good, but he fails in a few areas. First reason of his coming downfall will be his impatience; he'll open up too much, too soon.
    Secondly he moves without a plan. It seems like he just spends energy just to do it, for no reason whatsoever. Thirdly he will begin throwing combinations while under pressure, which means Floyd will counter him to death-while on the attack.

Would I win? Who knows, with size and power advantage, there's no telling

No you wouldnt win because your not really a boxer.. JK dude, I do love your analysis though, very good.

I agree with you and the TS to pull this off Cotto has to mix effective aggression and also make Floyd come forward to take away what he does best. Something else, if Floyd finds out he aint superman and gets sent to the canvas I think he will have a hard time recovering. He lives and dies off of his confidence. Had Mosley only stepped back and fought with a bit of intelligence against Floyd once he had him hurt the boxing landscape would have been entirely different right now. But Mosley went stupid and gassed himself out hard, that was painful to watch.

Comment

• I think I got it! do a bernard hopkins! since floyd does not throw alot of punches, you can be at distance (be very effective at it almost running when things get rough) then throw like a 4 punch combination fast then hug... you can steal rounds like this then if it gets bad and you brawl with may he aint that good at that so your not that bad off. and just continue doing the bernard and hopefully get the W

but it will hard I wont lie alot of master craft will be needed....

Comment

• Originally posted by freedom213 View Post
        No you wouldnt win because your not really a boxer.. JK dude, I do love your analysis though, very good.

I agree with you and the TS to pull this off Cotto has to mix effective aggression and also make Floyd come forward to take away what he does best. Something else, if Floyd finds out he aint superman and gets sent to the canvas I think he will have a hard time recovering. He lives and dies off of his confidence. Had Mosley only stepped back and fought with a bit of intelligence against Floyd once he had him hurt the boxing landscape would have been entirely different right now. But Mosley went stupid and gassed himself out hard, that was painful to watch.
        Yeah, if Mosley would trade his million dollar smile for 50 IQ points, the boxing landscape would be different. First of all, he would beat Cotto back in 07' or thereabouts and secondly he would keep his composure when he hurt Floyd and take a step back instead of leaning into an advancing, hurt fighter. It was a sad thing to see that Mosley's confidence was shattered a mere minute after landing the hurtful punch. After that he just stopped trying to win.
        His lack of ring intelligence made his fights with the likes of the Mayorgas of this world unecessary challenging and difficult, remarkably so

And by the way, I am actually a real boxer

Comment

Working...
        X