Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What fight from boxing's past would best describe Manny-Floyd if they ever fought?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoeyZagz View Post
    This comparison is awful and quite racist.

Pacquiao is the FASTER fighter. He should be billed as the speedster in all of your scenarios.
    It's not just about speed and race. If you look at his options, the black guy in each choice happens to have the better "boxing" skills. Floyd is a better "boxer" than manny.

manny might be fast but Floyd is clearly QUICKER.

Comment

Originally posted by Pessimistic View Post
      Roberto Duran- Sugar Ray Leornard I (Pac)
      Roberto Duran -Sugar Ray Leornard II (Floyd)
      Meldrick Taylor-Julio Cesar Chavez I (Pac)
      Thomas Hearns-Roberto Duran (Floyd)
      James Toney vs Michael Nunn:
      A defensive minded counter puncher vs a slick fast offensive minded southpaw
      James Toney vs Roy Jones
      A defensive minded counterpuncher vs a unorthodox fighter with great speed and power

Comment

Originally posted by IronMike. View Post
        James Toney vs Michael Nunn:
        A defensive minded counter puncher vs a slick fast offensive minded southpaw
        James Toney vs Roy Jones
        A defensive minded counterpuncher vs a unorthodox fighter with great speed and power
        Toney was not a "defensive minded" counter puncher during the period when he fought Nunn or Jones. Far from it.

Comment

To compare the match up between Mayweather and Pacquiao to past match ups will be hard for me to say, because the list of names you got there, they all have one thing in common....They all come to fight. I can't say that for a particular individual.

Comment

Working...
          X