Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the Highest Weight Class in Which you See Adrien Broner Winning a World Title?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
    He's like 5'8"...I don't ever see him fighting at 154. Once you hit 135 you have to start fighting man sized opponents. The irrelevant midget divisions don't matter.
    Average height at that division seems to be 5'9"...You got Floyd and K9 holding titles right now They're both under that size....Canelo and Trout at 5'9"

Comment

I'll wait to see what Broner does against a fighter who can take his punches and keep coming back, before I say he'll go unbeaten as someone like Mayweather has. The first time I truly believed Floyd would go unbeaten for a long time was Corrales. When he put it on Diego, who was one of the top fighters in the world at the time, I knew he wouldn't lose for a long time to come. Just like I know Andre Ward won't lose for a long time to come either.

I've yet to see that from Broner. He's at the stage of Floyd in 98-99, making his jump into the elite.

Comment

Sorry, I read just the first part of your thread and voted 147 because I though he might beat a weak 147 pound champ like Paulie. If he has to fight the best and stay undefeated then I think at 135 maybe he could. If he goes to 140 I think Matthysse would KO him as soon as they fought. I don't see a lightweight that can beat him right now but Marquez could beat him if he was still fighting as a lightweight. So my vote really should be in the 135 column not 147.

Comment

I think at 154 he would be a fatso and get KOed by good fighters that belong at that weight. The idea that fighters just keep growing their whole life is not true. Some guys are through growing at 18 and almost everyone is done growing by 25. Look at Hagler. He started as a middleweight as teenager and ended his career as a middleweight with no problems. Chris John is still winning at 126, the same weight he has always been. Bob Foster could always make 175 and he was 6ft. 3 inches. Carl Froch, Andre Ward and Mike Kessler have always fought at 168 and there are lots more examples that it is often not necessary or wise to go to a heavier weight. If Broner has no problem making 135 he could just stay and rule the lightweights for years. He could become rich and famous that way as Duran and others have done. There is no such thing as cleaning out a division because new contenders always come along.

Comment

SMH, I'd love to see Broner in against Bradley, Pac, Abregu, Guerrero, JMM or Alexander at 147. Let me know if either of those fights happen so I can grab up some points when Broner gets his arse whooped.

After the beatings he'll take there, he won't even bother going up to 154 to get KO'd by Canelo or Trout.

Comment

Originally posted by RlCKY View Post
              AND REMAIN UNDEFEATED

Obviously, there are many things like who he decides to fight, robberies, what have you that may take place along the way.

Let's just say he goes up in weight and fights the nothing but top 5 ranked guys in each division. Do you think he will take a loss at 135, 140, 147, 154?

I believe he will win titles up to 147 and maybe get one at 154, BUT I think he will take a loss somewhere down the road. IMO, at 147 by the time he gets there, he will have a lot of company. IMO, he will stay at 135 long enough for the guys at 140 to move to 147.

What say you?
              If you put heavyweight ppl will vote for that..his is no more for bxing knowledge..

Comment

154 vs the right opponent similar to Floyd. I dont think he can get in there and fight big 160 lbs that will eventually move up to 168 and 175 but he can definitely get a title from a former 147lb who moved up to 154 (like floyd did with oscar, cotto, and maybe canelo)

Comment

Adrien Broner vs Julio Cesar Chavez jr. at 160..... make it happen.

Comment

Working...
                  X