Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clear cut knockout by vitali klitschko...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clear cut knockout by vitali klitschko...

Whomever doesn't think that Vitali's precision punch didn't cause the knockout & subsequent injuries to Solis legs is either in denial or a blind fool/hater.
    I've watched that replay dozens of times. It was Solis' amateurish swings at air that got himself Ktfo as he put himself out of position. Klitschko connected right on the button & everything else went into motion including Solis touching his head after the shot landed.

He lost his footing completely after the delayed reaction from the punch atop his skull.
    He clearly underestimated Vitali's ability to counter him as he assummed he was so fast..he could get in & out. He tried rushing him in the same manner earlier in the rd & had a little success.

That time Vitali was ready for him..he completely missed with his swings & left himself wide open. Why can't people see that? Solis' inexperience got him ktfo... forget about all the conspiracies about his weight or preexisting injuries...that's bogus as it had nothing to do with it. What HAPPENED is that he simply put himself out of position & got clocked. He might have been out of position when he did get clocked but not to the point where his legs were going to go in opposite directions if the punch hadn't landed.

Worst case scenario he would've lost his footing..perhaps slipped but no way would his knees have given out like that just from slipping. His whole torso shook as he was going down...that wasn't because he was trying to support his legs people..it was from the punch knocking some sense out of SOLIS that did it. All this is just taking away from one of Vitali's sensational knockouts.. I even told yous if this guy comes in reckless..he will leave himself exposed regardless of his high guard defense & that's exactly what happened.

The leg injuries were happenstance & actually a gift sent from the boxing gods so Solis could save face & then eveeryone can point to his spirited first rd where he was holding his own. Sorry but he simply couldn't sustain it & made a bad mistake. Vitali would've eventually made him pay had Solis kept lunging in like that as he was making the adjustments on the fly.... CLEAR KNOCKOUT BY THE HEAVYWEIGHT WITH THE BEST KNOCKOUT RATIO IN HISTORY. WE can say it was a soft punch all we want & it was probably one of Vitali's softest connects ever but let's ask ourselves.. how soft is Vitali's worst punch anyways..perhaps it's not as soft as we think..only his opponents can tell you

Oh & for those pointing to the fact Vitali was screaming at Solis when the fight was called as proof that Vitali didn't land anything of consequence....did it ever occur to you that he was simply protesting Solis using a leg excuse/injury to get out of the fight. Vitali might've been also perplexed as to the effects his punch could have when he didn't put everything he had behind it... ( a case of not knowing one's own strength may be at play here)..point being he could've thought it was enough to put him down but not a game ending punch. He obviously didn't realize at the time what effect that punch had on Solis. Once he saw the damage it caused...he did change his tune & stated it was a hard punch & that it did knock him out..so people stop using Vitali's initial reaction as indictment.. perhaps he wanted the fight to continue so he can inflict more decisive pain..after all he does love him some beatdowns for prolonged periods of time. APPRECIATE the knockout by a brilliant counterpunch.. Solis seemed like he was even faster than Sanders on a couple of his swings at Vitali where Vitali didn't know what hit him. He even said he was fast..very fast & you could tell how quick Solis was by his attempts at Vitali. Most of the shots Solis landed were one at a time & a couple were real hard & probably would've stunned other heavies for sure but Vitali took them as if they were flies being swatted at him... Once again he proves that if a hard shot lands against him..he can take it as he's been hit by some real hard punchers.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy1569 View Post
      Oh & for those pointing to the fact Vitali was screaming at Solis when the fight was called as proof that Vitali didn't land anything of consequence....did it ever occur to you that he was simply protesting Solis using a leg excuse/injury to get out of the fight. Vitali might've been also perplexed as to the effects his punch could have when he didn't put everything he had behind it... ( a case of not knowing one's own strength may be at play here)..point being he could've thought it was enough to put him down but not a game ending punch. He obviously didn't realize at the time what effect that punch had on Solis. Once he saw the damage it caused...he did change his tune & stated it was a hard punch & that it did knock him out..so people stop using Vitali's initial reaction as indictment.. perhaps he wanted the fight to continue so he can inflict more decisive pain..after all he does love him some beatdowns for prolonged periods of time. APPRECIATE the knockout by a brilliant counterpunch.. Solis seemed like he was even faster than Sanders on a couple of his swings at Vitali where Vitali didn't know what hit him. He even said he was fast..very fast & you could tell how quick Solis was by his attempts at Vitali. Most of the shots Solis landed were one at a time & a couple were real hard & probably would've stunned other heavies for sure but Vitali took them as if they were flies being swatted at him... Once again he proves that if a hard shot lands against him..he can take it as he's been hit by some real hard punchers.
      Vitali himself stated that he didn't think the punch was enough to knock Solis out. That he was upset because he felt as though solis was trying to find a way out.

Comment

1. Solis slips before the punch lands.
        2. The punch doesn't look hard.
        3. Vitali said the punch wasn't hard enough for a KO and thought Solis was faking it.
        4. Solis said he didn't feel the punch, just pain in his leg.

Yep clear cut KO.

Comment

Solis was badly hurt, wobbled and knocked out by a beautiful hard half uppercut/half hook counter punch from a very heavy handed 6'7 250 lb monster. He never saw the punch coming. The temple shot fucked up Solis' equilibrium, disoriented him and made BOTH his legs turn to jelly.

Vitali won by 1st round KO.

Vitali's Ironfist shattered Solis' glass temple.

39 KOs in 42 wins, greatest heavyweight champ KO% of all time.

Vitali Klitschko: "I was inside the ring and I saw many, many times on video - the fight, and there is only one clear answer. I prepared the punch, half uppercut/half hook. I prepared this punch and I feel that I hit him pretty hard. Solis was knocked out, what happened after that, where he breaks his ligaments or his knee - it's his problem. I'm sorry the fight was so short. The next fight, I promise not to hit my opponent for the first three rounds, and then I'll knock him out. With Solis there are no excuses, this was a knockout punch"

Last edited by Klitschko2011; 03-26-2011, 01:18 AM.

Comment

Last edited by Klitschko2011; 03-26-2011, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Look, I think Vitali is a great champ, but to ignore the injury Solis suffered is like saying Byrd knocked out Vitali in their fight. We should know better.

Comment

Comment

On the bright side it exposed Vitali as a liar and not this honourable man that the Klit fans make him out to be.

Comment

Vitali obviously didn't think it was a KO...

Comment

Working...
                    X