No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez Praises Mexican Fans, Career Decision Waits

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Marquez Praises Mexican Fans, Career Decision Waits

Former four division world champion Juan Manuel Marquez (55-6-1, 40KOs) is not going to make a decision regarding his career until 2013. The Mexican star is still celebrating his sixth round knockout of Manny Pacquiao from December 8th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

Marquez, 39, is receiving a lot of pressure from both sides of the fence. The boxer's wife, Erika, is pushing him to retire. The fans want at least one more fight.

He will enjoy the rest of the holidays with his family and then he plans to sit down and make a final decision on his boxing future. [Click Here To Read More]

He should give Manny a rematch. It would be an easy win now that he has him all figured out, plus it would probably be his biggest payday. Then retire. One more fight Juan.

Comment

Hopefully he makes the decision soon. It sounds like his wife already has her mind made up.

Comment

Would love to see JMM go out as P4P #1.

That's where I have him.

Comment

I would love to see him fight Danny Garcia at The Azteca Stadium!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HolyGhost View Post
            He should give Manny a rematch. It would be an easy win now that he has him all figured out, plus it would probably be his biggest payday. Then retire. One more fight Juan.
            I think your a butthurt Pacfan ALT cause theres noway Juan can top this decisive victory.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos Alberto View Post
              my thoughts exactly! im tired of him and manny fighting, a danny garcia fight would be a way to go, new challenge, i dont think he'll have the same motivation fighting manny a fifth time around

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos Alberto View Post
                I think that would be a good fight but its not going to happen. Why would JMM fight Garcia for a few million when he can get 8 figure payday to fight Manny again. I heard its happening the Cowboys stadium next year.

Comment

Originally posted by HolyGhost View Post
                  it's still a big health risk to take at 40. he made one mistake in the 4th fight and got busted up BAD... like in half a round lol. i thought he was going to get stopped. how pacquiao will look in his next fight should also be considered though. i doubt he'll ever be the same.

Comment

I like JM but Pacquiao wins the 5th fight, Marquez should retire. Manny will come in adjusted to the punch that laid him out and will likely take the fight on points. I'd still expect him to be the betting favorite.

Comment

Working...
                    X