No announcement yet.

Y'all musta forgot!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Y'all musta forgot!

IMO Roy Jones Jr. was the most physically gifted athlete ever to step in the ring. I, like many others feel he won the majority of his fights on his athletisism alone. But it is bothersome to hear people say he had been exposed by tarver! Jones was 35 when he lost to tarver, most fighters are done by that age! I feel that Jones gaining the weight and extra muscle to fight ruiz did him in! " Its easier to recover by loosing fat, but not by loosing muscle mass! Tarver was victim of that himself when he gained weight and some extra muscle for the "Rocky" movie. He said it himself. Jones in his prime would beat anybody from middleweight to cruiserweight easily! Y'all musta forgot!,lol.
    Last edited by mofrekinfoe; 12-29-2012, 04:36 PM.

Tarver just been busted with PEDS who knows how long he been using, I suspect he was juicing against RJJ. Sad, He cracked RJJ chin with the help of those PED's and RJJ never been the same.

RJJ was a beast.

Comment

RJJr forever!!!!!

Comment

No 1 forgot he had great talent,but was never a fundamental fighter,so once he slowed down just a tad bit,those punches that were missing him by inches in his prime were landing flush

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
          Tarver just been busted with PEDS who knows how long he been using, I suspect he was juicing against RJJ. Sad, He cracked RJJ chin with the help of those PED's and RJJ never been the same.

RJJ was a beast.
          well to be fair Roy himself and Richard Hall failed their post fight drug test after their bout

Comment

his what u called god gifted, the untouchable RJJR

Comment

Prime RJJ would've toyed with Tarver.

Too bad he didn't hang them up after beating Ruiz, or went down to CW to get a title there too.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post

RJJ was a beast.
                i remember calling steroids in the kayode fight
                i think tarver only started roiding for the green fight and was clean for the roy fights

watching the green fight i thought, man he is strong, but ped's never crossed my mind, then against kayode again, he was massively stronger than kayode, at 44, naw, he never had that power before either, definitely roiding i thought

then came the positive tests

Comment

Originally posted by Bring It On View Post
                  Prime RJJ would've toyed with Tarver.

Too bad he didn't hang them up after beating Ruiz, or went down to CW to get a title there too.
                  Not sure about that to be honest,Tarver is a long southpaw and can crack,i think he would have always gave Roy trouble..Roy would never have TOYED with him..some fighters just have your number,remember these 2 fought as kids

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
                    No 1 forgot he had great talent,but was never a fundamental fighter,so once he slowed down just a tad bit,those punches that were missing him by inches in his prime were landing flush
                    Basically this ^

He never really practised those solid fundamentals, especially in defence. He relied on his physical attributes for too long and when those went (which was always going to happen) RJJ was just not built for it.

Of course the losing a **** load of muscle mass after the Ruiz fight didn't help but if you don't learn/practice those fundamental skills and get them honed so they become second nature, it doesn't matter how physically gifted you are.

Comment

Working...
                    X