No announcement yet.

Fighters that wear grant gloves

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fighters that wear grant gloves

I don't know if its just me or what but I noticed boxers that wear grant gloves tend to produce less one punch ko's. Either the fight goes the distance or tko happens but rarely does a fighter get put to sleep. Examples of fighters are TIM Bradley, Floyd mayweather, Chavez Jr, Saul alvarez, and Hopkins.

How often do fighters get 1 punch KOs anyway

I havent seen any evidence of such

Comment

not that it would have made a difference but i always wondered why trinidad wore grants against hopkins. he always wore reyes.

Comment

grants have a better wrist protection that keeps punches straight. it's a glove more suitable for defensive style of boxing.

Comment

They're stiff, puncher's gloves. No reason why they would reduce someone's KO chances. Defensively, they offer nice coverage for blocking punches. Ergonomically, they fit certain hands better, which is probably why some fighters like them. I think they're really overrated but I like them for sparring.

Comment

mostly everybody is using grant icluding th Klits Bros among others. Elvis Grant the owner is my friend, he told me that the better tech of grant is whats makin the dif. Cleto is way more commercial now not enough quality anymore

Comment

grant gloves have a more dense foam and tighter leather that holds its form better

they protect your hands better and lessen the impact of your punches. the tight leather also decreases the likelyhood that a cut will occur (they usually occur when the glove has loose and soft leather)

reyes gloves are still a foam and horsehair combination i believe, with horsehair being the chief padding over the knuckles

a punch with reyes will bust a guy up faster than a grant
              reduce less the impact of the punches than a grant does
              cut a guy more
              and your hand will be protected less.

winning gloves protect the hands the best and are a synthetic leather and layered foam. they are also insanely expensive.

everlast makes 3 pro gloves i believe

a loosely packed punchers glove - the MX

a more rounded glove (protection but also some pop)

and a boxers glove with lots of protection.

Comment

Working...
              X