Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Guerrero Open To Miguel Cotto Clash, Having Unifications

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Guerrero Open To Miguel Cotto Clash, Having Unifications

BoxingScene.com sat down with Luis DeCubas Jr., the co-manager of WBC interim-welterweight champion Robert "The Ghost" Guerrero (30-1-1, 18KOs). DeCubas discusses Guerrero's recent win over unbeaten Selcuk Aydin, options for the future and more.

[Click Here To Read More]

Wait, so Bradley & the Ghost both would fight Cotto at 154 while the greatest fighter of the era won't?? Wow!!

Comment

This guys is gonna jump 3 weight classes? Damn.

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      Wait, so Bradley & the Ghost both would fight Cotto at 154 while the greatest fighter of the era won't?? Wow!!
      Talk is cheap. Broner said he'd go up to 140 to fight Rios, will it happen? No.

Comment

I like Ghost. Like him a lot. But I don't really see a scenario in which he'd have much of a chance against Cotto.

Comment

Robert would be in big trouble vs Cotto. Big. But its a nice payday so he might be willing to risk it.

Bradley-Guerrero is a closer fight in which I favor Timmy,

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
            I like Ghost. Like him a lot. But I don't really see a scenario in which he'd have much of a chance against Cotto.
            He wouldn't. Had no power at WW, he'd have less at 154. Stay at WW Ghost and make you're name there.

Comment

And Guerrero was absolutely unimpressive in his win over Aydin. I mean I guess a W is a W, but damn. He won that fight solely because he was busier (much busier) than Aydin. But Aydin hurt him significantly more. And I swear, of the power shots landed in that fight -- it honestly felt like Aydin accounted for 75% of them.

Aydin's another guy I like...he's not a bad boxer by any means. But if Aydin can give Robert that much trouble, what would Cotto do? It could get ugly.

Comment

And Guerrero was absolutely unimpressive in his win over Aydin. I mean I guess a W is a W, but damn. He won that fight solely because he was busier (much busier) than Aydin. But Aydin hurt him significantly more. And I swear, of the power shots landed in that fight -- it honestly felt like Aydin accounted for 75% of them.

Aydin's another guy I like...he's not a bad boxer by any means. But if Aydin can give Robert that much trouble, what would Cotto do? It could get ugly.
                Wtf at the bold and wtf at your whole post.... Wow... The **** that you read around here.

Anyway, Guerrero is nuts if he's trying to go up to 154. He's trying to pull a Lopez?

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                  Wtf at the bold and wtf at your whole post.... Wow... The **** that you read around here.

Anyway, Guerrero is nuts if he's trying to go up to 154. He's trying to pull a Lopez?
                  So you thought he was impressive?

Comment

So you thought he was impressive?
                    Given the circumstances? Yes it was an impressive win. Going up 2 weight classes after a 15 month layoff and still schooled your boy. Aydin got sonned. And he had Guerrero hurt? Show me the video. A fully fledged WW couldn't hurt or take out a JrLW. Now THAT'S not very impressive at all.

Comment

Working...
                    X