No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Carl Froch: Groves Needs a Few Tests Before Facing Me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Carl Froch: Groves Needs a Few Tests Before Facing Me

Carl Froch says George Groves needs to prove himself against superior opponents before he would consider fighting him. The Londoner marked his return to Matchroom and Sky Sports with a straightforward stoppage of Dario Balmaceda at Wembley on Saturday night and is now preparing for a high-profile fight on the undercard of Froch v Mikkel Kessler on May 25.

Groves has indicated that he's eyeing a headline clash with the IBF super-middleweight champion "sooner rather than later", but Froch played down the speculation after watching Saturday's bout in the Sky Sports studio. He says he would be open to the prospect, but Groves needs a couple of big tests before he can step up to his level.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Agree with Froch think Groves can win a world title but he's not ready to mix it with the likes of Froch or Kessler. He's definitely made the right move leaving Warren imo matchroom is the place to be would just love to see Cleverly leave Warren now aswell. Hearn is getting his fighters more exposure getting them good fights and is the top promoter in Britain got a lot of respect and none for Warren.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I agree with a Froch - Groves needs a big name opponent I know Johnson was big name but he was way past his best - I am excited for Groves I think he has an exciting future ahead of him- I've been more impressed with him than Degale - but Froch must remeber one thing it's fine to say Groves needs bigger test but he tried the same thing with Calzaghe where Calzaghe was coming to the end of his career and seeking career defining fights and Froch then started to throw his toys out the cot so he needs to give Groves his chance before retiring.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonyu View Post
        but Froch must remeber one thing it's fine to say Groves needs bigger test but he tried the same thing with Calzaghe where Calzaghe was coming to the end of his career and seeking career defining fights and Froch then started to throw his toys out the cot so he needs to give Groves his chance before retiring.
        Exactly and if you look at the 'tests' Froch is talking about Groves needing then Groves's record now is better than Froch's was up to 2008 when Calzaghe retired and Froch and been nagging him for a long time. He is right, however, Groves needs a few tougheners first, especially after relative inactivity with Warren

Comment

I think if anything this will give Froch some perspective on the situation betweem him and Calzaghe. Although I think Froch will carry on for a couple of years, and hopefully Groves continues to develop into a World class fighter. This could be a huge UK fight 18 months down the line.

Comment

Froch keeping it real as always. In many ways, this is what happened between himself and Joe Calzaghe. Ironic.

Comment

Originally posted by fladz View Post
              I think if anything this will give Froch some perspective on the situation betweem him and Calzaghe. Although I think Froch will carry on for a couple of years, and hopefully Groves continues to develop into a World class fighter. This could be a huge UK fight 18 months down the line.
              Yes - totally agree. Great post. Groves now is what Froch was back in '07 - '08 when he was nagging JC.

Comment

Originally posted by Keysor View Post
                Exactly and if you look at the 'tests' Froch is talking about Groves needing then Groves's record now is better than Froch's was up to 2008 when Calzaghe retired and Froch and been nagging him for a long time. He is right, however, Groves needs a few tougheners first, especially after relative inactivity with Warren
                Couldn't agree more mate.

Comment

I think this would be a good fight. A real cross road fight:

Is Groves for real?

Can Froch rebound from a brutal KO loss to Mikkel Kessler?

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                    Can Froch rebound from a brutal KO loss to Mikkel Kessler?
                    Kassler. you mean that guy who hasn't fought a legitimate top fighter in the three years since Froch made him quit the Super Six?

Comment

Working...
                    X