Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Wins: Erik Morales vs. Juan Manuel Marquez at 126 Lbs.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Wins: Erik Morales vs. Juan Manuel Marquez at 126 Lbs.

future hall of famers morales and marquez along with barrera are considered the three best mexican fighters of their generation. both marquez and morales are the only mexican boxers to have won world titles in 4 weight divisions.

at 126, this was arguably where morales was at his prime and won most of his world titles. his combination of speed and technical prowess was a sight to behold which made him an instant hit. he ranks #49 on ESPN's 50 greatest boxers of all time.

at the same weight, marquez made his pro debut and his first 50 fights all took place at this weight. he won 46 times, lost only 3 and had 1 draw.

this fight morales-marquez would have been a heck of a war between two elite boxers at their prime. it would be a seesaw battle from the opening bell until the middle rounds with both men exchanging rapid eye catching combinations. but i see morales taking the lead by the later rounds who i think was more ring savvy and had superior ring IQ. morales wins via UD

your thoughts?

what? no one takes this?

Comment

Draw :d.............

Comment

Morales would beat JMM at 126. it would go to decision, but MOrales would get the decision.

Comment

Erik el terrible morales! By split decision. In a close 12 round war.

Comment

morales in a epic 12 round war

Comment

Morales wins the first one, Marquez wins the second one and the third one is a draw.
              Last edited by -jose-; 11-19-2012, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Easily Morales.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
                  Draw :d.............
                  how'd you come up with that? at super feather weight, marquez couldn't take pacquiao's punches but morales could. also at super feather weight, barrera knocked marquez down (was ruled as a slip but everyone knows it was a legit knock down) but morales stoop up to the assualt of barrera. it all leads me to conclude that marquez might not have the power to hurt morales

Comment

I got Marquez beating Morales in this one.

Comment

Working...
                    X