Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soto turned down Maidana for Saturday; Maidana back on Sept. 16

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Maidana is very underrated on here, some say overrated but I say underrated because people only look at the fights like Morales and Corley and say Maidana sucks. They don't look at how good Maidana looked against Khan(even losing to Khan he looked impressive and pushed Khan to his limits), and add his spectacular win over Ortiz.

Sure Ortiz might be overrated to some extent and quit in that fight but Ortiz hasn't lost since losing to Maidana. It's making Maidana's win over Ortiz look that much better. And while I think Floyd mops the floor with Ortiz, if Ortiz puts up a solid effort against Floyd even in losing then I think that makes Maidana's win look even better. But then again you could make a case that when Ortiz lost to Maidana he trained even harder and corrected some of his mistakes.

I think Maidana is better then what some people give him credit at doing, I believe he can box better then people think. Some people think he is only a powerhouse but I disagree. I mean yes, he hits hard but he can also put on some rounds. In his mind I think he wants to win rounds and if a KO comes it comes. I don't know why some Khan fans pretend that Khan dominated that fight and give Maidana only 1 round when didn't the official judges give Maidana like 5 rounds or so?

Comment

Soto had no interest in facing Maidana on late notice for a secondary title. Khan is the REAL WBA champion. Soto wants the WBC title.

Comment

Maidana also had a close competitive fight against Andriy Kotelnyk and some of you felt Maidana won that fight. Thats the same Kotelnyk who would go on and lose a controversial decision against Alexander.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
          lol of course he wants to stay active and fight a bum, he just busted his ass for like 6 weeks in training camp hes ready to fight. so who do you recommend he fights?? as previously said no solid fighters are gonna fight him on short notice.

its funny...nobody thought maidana was gonna even take the guerrero fight in the first place, and now that guerrero gets injured its all maidanas fault lol.
          your sig.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            Soto had no interest in facing Maidana on late notice for a secondary title. Khan is the REAL WBA champion. Soto wants the WBC title.
            Who gives a flying **** about titles this days!!

I get what your saying, but thats lame!!!!

I wont fight for the WBA because I will fight for the WBC???

This sanctioning bodies needs to ****ing go, already!! Specially the WBC and WBA!!

Comment

Working...
            X