Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Maidana never mention any other 140 lber but Khan?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats the WBA's deal with Maidana?

He seems to be always there mandatory.

So Khan beats him again, 6 months down the line Maidan calls out Khan, saying he is ducking him and the WBA make him the mandatory again.

Comment

Originally posted by 23|1|26|1|1 View Post
      This guy, to me, is the biggest fraud in boxing.

The image his PR team tries to create of him being this humble "warrior", willing to fight anybody, anywhere, is just false.

Why doesn't this diva fight one of the other top ten 140 lbers like Bradley, Alexander, Matthysse, Peterson or Guerrero?

We all know he pulled out of the Bradley fight, faking a back injury. I mean, this guy has no fights lined up and neither has Bradley. Let's make Bradley-Maidana happen. Bradley would tear him up. In fact, Alexander, Matthysse, Peterson and Guerrero, they all beat him like Kotelnik and Khan have beaten him.

Maidana, simply put, isn't good enough to become world champion.
      If he's been made Khan's mandatory again why not try and push for the rematch?

There's a belt and obviously a bigger money fight in Khan.

I can understand what you're saying for the Bradley fight. It will help him greatly if he beats him.

But surely if he's Khan's mandatory but he instead goes and fights Judah, Guerrero, Peterson etc for less money (and for the latter two no belt), and they're generally not considered as highly as Khan right now, then he'll be questioned for not pursuing Khan?

Comment

Originally posted by 23|1|26|1|1 View Post
        This guy, to me, is the biggest fraud in boxing.

The image his PR team tries to create of him being this humble "warrior", willing to fight anybody, anywhere, is just false.

Why doesn't this diva fight one of the other top ten 140 lbers like Bradley, Alexander, Matthysse, Peterson or Guerrero?

We all know he pulled out of the Bradley fight, faking a back injury. I mean, this guy has no fights lined up and neither has Bradley. Let's make Bradley-Maidana happen. Bradley would tear him up. In fact, Alexander, Matthysse, Peterson and Guerrero, they all beat him like Kotelnik and Khan have beaten him.

Maidana, simply put, isn't good enough to become world champion.
        why wouldn't anyone want to see this fight? the first one was pretty entertaining

Comment

maidana ducks guys with "technique" they give him problems or guys with lateral movement. he ducked guzman who called him out right after fighting on his undercard to defend his pupil victor cayo who just pretends to be slick with his hands down but got walked down and rocked instead. bradley can give maidana stylistical problems. but doesnt posess much power either. all these guys to fight each other they were on route but lately there taking the ***** route they were doing a year ago.all of them want to fight guys who cater to there style. khan >bradley maidana> khan guzman would fight all of them but scales>guzman, and take alexander mathysse out of there dumbass TS there fighting in june!

Comment

i would love to see bradley vs maidana this summer. but i dont think bradley has the balls to fight maidana. i can already see it now....

"the fight with maidana hasnt marinated enough"

yeah...ok sure timothy.

Comment

Originally posted by shenmue View Post
              Haters gonna hate, Bradley has gone on record saying that Maidana would be his toughest fight at 140 and Maidana didn't duck Bradley, his manager at the time agreed a deal with Bradley's people without even asking Maidana. Maidana didn't think the deal was good enough.
              Why the fake back injury then??

Comment

Originally posted by RealIzm View Post
                Wow you've got an interesting take on Maidana.

Maidana is Khans mandatory, which means it's Maidana's shortest avenue to another title shot...the first fight was a FOTY candidate. Myself and many others wouldn't mind seeing the rematch and would prefer it to other fights that have been suggested for Khan. And to the fighters you listed as potential opponents take Mattysse and Bradley off the list. HBO appears to want that fight.

In reality, he gave the best 140lber a good fight and put him to the test several times. So being the mandatory for Khan I imagine makes him talk about Khan. I'm just guessing. Fighting any of the other names you listed is a step down from fighting Khan...So Maidana's banter towards Khan is at the very least....understandable...

So what's your problem?
                Fighting Bradley is a step down??Or even Alexander??You must be joking right??

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
                  i would love to see bradley vs maidana this summer. but i dont think bradley has the balls to fight maidana. i can already see it now....

yeah...ok sure timothy.
                  Oh Is that why bradley had a deal with maidana and signed a contract to fight him 2 years ago after the ortiz win. I bet you didn't know maidana faked a backed injury then after the fight got called off that maidana immediatly had another fight signed. This was in the same time as haye vs vitali supposed to happen.
                  Last edited by victorythagr8; 05-26-2011, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post

yeah...ok sure timothy.
                    Bradley has called Maidana's punj azz out already and ya man faked a back injury,can't be serious with this post..

Comment

Because Khan is both the most talented fighter and lucrative match-up in the division?

Comment

Working...
                      X