Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Do Gamboas Fans Deny He Ducked Rios?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think it was a duck. Idk what was in that contract that Arim made but hew wasn't feeling it. JCCJ almost had the same issue. He said it said something like "sign this fight and top rank get your next 5 years" . I'm sure Gamboa want feeling that especially after top rank ruin the fight with Lopez. Gamboa wanted that fight and started in a post fight interview "top rank will keep Lopez away from me for as long as they can" . I think it was moee of a **** you to bob than a duck.

Comment

gamboa straight up ducked his ass, alot of fans were unhappy about this i thought gamboa might have outboxed him aswell

Comment

Originally posted by check hook View Post
        - Every fighter is ducking some other fighter

- The winner and loser of the same fight can both have been exposed at the same time

- Solid young fighters are over hyped bums

- Over hyped bums (Rios) are elite

Welcome to bizzaro scene
        100% truth. And I like Rios, just like I like Margarito and Juanma: all three are loveable bums so please stop with the someone's ducking them thing ok.Arum is only going to cash Rios out with Pacman, as he can keep the money train rolling with either of the two.

Comment

Originally posted by Juof View Post
          gamboa straight up ducked his ass, alot of fans were unhappy about this i thought gamboa might have outboxed him aswell
          true was a winnable fight for him, but he just didnt have the heart and courage to face a young mexican brawler, maybe his weak chin had something to do with the decision.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
            true was a winnable fight for him, but he just didnt have the heart and courage to face a young mexican brawler, maybe his weak chin had something to do with the decision.
            It wouldn't be expected of him anyway, if his guys didn't run their mouths.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
              You might not like the business end of boxing but it does exist. Im sure if Arum didnt try and extend Gamboa for another 2 years than we would of had that fight. Why do you have to sell your soul to get the fights you want? This is the same as the Bradley/Khan situation. Scared dont have anything to do with it these guys fight for a living. Thats such a simple minded way of thinking. And this is coming from someone who hates Gamboa.
              But his last fight was on a Top Rank show, with one more guy taking a cut. Maybe it was worthwhile if he got rid of Oner, but then what was he doing repping Team Aydin/Oner last weekend?

Comment

Gamboa did duck Rios ***** move

Comment

This whole debacle made me lose all respect for Gamboa. It seemed he really pushed for the fight to be made when no one even thought of putting those two names together, then bounced immediately as soon it got real..

Comment

It was never a legitimate fight. Gamboa was 126, and he is suppose to move up to 135 to fight a guy that can't even make the weight?

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                      It was never a legitimate fight. Gamboa was 126, and he is suppose to move up to 135 to fight a guy that can't even make the weight?
                      he was the one who called rios out not the other way around./

Comment

Working...
                      X