No announcement yet.

Mike Jones should move up to 154

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
    He looked like he just got done watching a Bailey KO reel on youtube.

He fought like a man afraid. You can't let him know you fear his right hand.
    no he didnt, dude was piling up the points so why take unnecessary risks? especially knowing what happened how can you blame him for respecting baileys right hand?

bailey was the one who fought like he was afraid, barely throwing any punches and getting in a defensive shell everytime mike attacked him. regardless of the fact that he was losing rounds doing so, mike was winning so why take dumb chances?

bailey already knows he can hurt you with his right hand, jones' job was to take it away from him and thats what he did for 9 rounds. landing shots of his own and winning rounds in the process.

im not saying he fought a perfect fight, he made plenty of mistakes. but making it a top priority not to get hit with baileys power shots wasnt one of them. that was common sense.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
      I think he out grew the WW division a few fights ago TBH.

Not making excuses because I have very little love for Mike Jones.

Always thought Brook would kill him.

But he has such a large frame and 154 could give him some more pop.
      I dont think he needs to move up yet Phant mah homie. Anybody woulda got starched takin a right uppercut from Randall Bailey, even Vlad and Vitali woulda been left cuddling a snuggie in the middle of the ring if they had got touched with that uppercut.

IMO he has too much to work on before moving up, and can still compete in 147. But he needs to take a rematch with Randall and right his wrongs from that fight before he does anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
        I never truly paid attention to Mike Jones, but damn man lol. He was just a 147 guy in the background fighting guys to get his resume up. I knew Mike Jones as, the tall dude who belongs at a heavier weight-class lmao. Now the first fight I actually watch of his, and he has this kind of performance? talk about a mediocre first impression. It seems like he went into cruise control at one point, and that first knockdown woke him up. But by that time, it was a little too late for him to do anything about it. Bailey got a taste of confidence and said "**** it".

Can someone make a GIF of Bailey's uppercut when it lands on MJ, that was a brutal visual. The HBO crew was basically foreshadowing that moment.
        That was one of the flushest shots i've seen. It destroyed Jones's nose. Blood gushing out even during the interview.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          That was one of the flushest shots i've seen. It destroyed Jones's nose. Blood gushing out even during the interview.
          You aint never lied. But I honestly think the straight right tat caused the 1st KD broke Mikes nose. I kept tellin Mrs. Chief while Mike's coner was workin on him after the KD that Randall just broke Mike's nose with that straight right. I honestly thought that when he landed the uppercut that he tore half of Mike's lip off , he was sleep before his head hit the canvas. But it didnt he just further cremated Mike's nose.

Comment

Working...
          X