Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao/Marquez 5 going head to head against Mayweather/Alvarez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want to watch Manny crushing marquez's face again ..

Marqeuz should give Manny the rematch because Manny was making the whole fight... marquez backing off waiting for a big punch won't work this time though.. it will probably be a repeat of their third fight with Manny showing more respect

Comment

Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
      I do believe Canelo brings in power, and hand speed (which isn't great but works very well with his power). While I believe your right, Trout will bring in footwork and great boxing skills but my question is his resistance to a very young fighter with great power (Not extraordinary power).
      One thing Emanuel Steward commented on was Alvarez punching power resembled Tyson because of his punchs are going through its trajectory, not just to land there!
      I'm still wondering bout this handspeed claim. Trout is visibly much faster than ginger. And I'm not sold on the power either. It's almost ironic about you're belief that Trout can't resist ginger's youth. Considering ginger hasn't faced anyone from his weight class as big, fast, strong or prime as Trout. Alvarez is also no Tyson nor should he be compared to him. He hasn't stopped a prime ranked jr middleweight yet.

Comment

Mayweather vs. Canelo obviously. Arum would never go head up with Floyd.

Comment

Mayweather vs Canelo easily.

Marquez closed the show on the Pacquiao vs. Marquez series. Any fights that take place after this are simply to make money and capitalize off the hype.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
            Even so, Pac/Marquez is a proven match-up and both guys always bring it. However, TR would really have to put together a great under-card to make it sellable. Mayweather/Alvarez is a mismatch imho, so I'll only watch it if I hear from fans that it was competitive fight or if the upset occurs.
            Marquez/pacquiao fighting fights 4 & 5 has robbed us of ther good match ups. Although I think manny and floyd have fought lesser opponents compared to their skill. at least floyd fights new faces.

Comment

thats good business...for Sports Bar investors/owners

Comment

Right now, who is the bigger draw in Mexico? Canelo or JMM?
                Didn't JMM get the key to the country from the president for his KO victory over Manny?

It's mexican independence day, whoever the mexican fans wants to support will make or break the PPV for this two events.

Comment

This could end of being a brilliant move by both Golden Boy and Top Rank. Lets say Mayweather wins in May and Canelo wins and we have two huge ppvs with Marquez Pacquiao and Mayweather Canelo on the same night. If both Mayweather and Pacquiao won, then all of a sudden a Pacquiao Mayweather Fight is back with a bang. That is obviously the best case scenario and either Pacquiao could lose again or Mayweather could lose.

I would love to see this head to head ppv happen, I will or sure order both fights. Personally I think as long as Mayweather remains undefeated people will still want to see if Pacquiao would be able to catch Mayweather. Since Mayweather fights of the ropes more often now it would be interesting to see Pacquiao attacking him on the ropes.

I doubt this will happen as whoever books the september fight officially and the match and opponents announed then the other promotion will likely move their date.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                    I'm still wondering bout this handspeed claim. Trout is visibly much faster than ginger. And I'm not sold on the power either. It's almost ironic about you're belief that Trout can't resist ginger's youth. Considering ginger hasn't faced anyone from his weight class as big, fast, strong or prime as Trout. Alvarez is also no Tyson nor should he be compared to him. He hasn't stopped a prime ranked jr middleweight yet.
                    Not claiming he is like Tyson, just reiterating what was said by the great Emanuel Steward; which I agree with. His punchs hit with a bang, and he throwing his combos well; though not on a continuous bases.

You are correct that he hasn't faced any where near the opposition, like Trout. Which is why this fight would he good for both they're careers.

Comment

f#ck that....

140 bucks to watch two cards that happen at the same time...?
                      no way

70 bucks and a river. sorry, GBP and TR, but you guys are f#cking idiots.

Comment

Working...
                      X