Slugger/brawler
    Defensive minded
    Counter puncher
    Pressure fighter
    Volume puncher
    Etc
    ????

Plz explain why

athletic style, im an athletic freak myself, i enjoy watching other athletic beasts like pacquiao, mayweather and esspecially a prime roy jones(my favourite fighter)

most people dont look at athleticism like i do, they can't see the fine line, some think of athleticism as just a level of speed, power etc, but to me athleticism is all that along with fluidity or body mastery, for instance, i wouldn't consider ray leonard that athletic, despite him being fast and hitting hard and stuff, he is not fluid enough, im very picky with this sht

so i guess it's not so much the style but the body mastery

Comment

Originally posted by Defututus View Post
      athletic style, im an athletic freak myself, i enjoy watching other athletic beasts like pacquiao, mayweather and esspecially a prime roy jones(my favourite fighter)

most people dont look at athleticism like i do, they can't see the fine line, some think of athleticism as just a level of speed, power etc, but to me athleticism is all that along with fluidity or body mastery, for instance, i wouldn't consider ray leonard that athletic, despite him being fast and hitting hard and stuff, he is not fluid enough, im very picky with this sht

so i guess it's not so much the style but the body mastery
      I was gonna put that but you have to have a style with your athleticism
      for example Roy was a great counter puncher and boxer. But I get what you saying lol

Comment

All styles that don't involve the following:
        Running away.
        Clinching.
        Low blows.
        Headbutts.

Basically I don't care for fighters that don't follow the rules of boxing.

I enjoy wars with guys who have no defense, solid chins, and no defense like anyone else but a defensive minded counterpuncher can be exciting too.

Comment

Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
          I was gonna put that but you have to have a style with your athleticism
          for example Roy was a great counter puncher and boxer. But I get what you saying lol
          yea, i dont think styles matter to me at all, i just like to see athleticism

this is not to say i dont appreciate and recognize other less physically talented fighters, just athletic fighters are my favourite to watch
          Last edited by SplitSecond; 06-02-2012, 09:17 PM.

Comment

combination puncher

Comment

Anselmo moreno, can box long range, mid range, short range and is a thinker with high ring iq.

Comment

slickster/cutie

Comment

you know the guys that dont have to necessarily move around like Ali but were hard to hit ala....Jersey Joe Walcott, Wilfred Benitez, and James Toney

Comment

Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
                    In fighter
                    Boxer/puncher
                    Slugger/brawler
                    Defensive minded
                    Counter puncher
                    Pressure fighter
                    Volume puncher
                    Etc
                    ????

Plz explain why
                    For myself, boxer, counter puncher, with slick defense. Those qualities are what I look for in fighters I watch as well, though I will follow a good brawler/pressure/volume puncher because they are exciting, like Margarito and Maidana.

As for why I fight and prefer to watch counter punching/ boxers with slick defense, well because it makes sense, and it's the art in close to purest form. I never go into the ring without thinking of my health first, and I always plan to get hit minimally, yet without sacrificing too much offense. If I was a professional, it's safe to say I would be labeled as a boring fighter, but I wouldn't care, as long as I succeed in wowing myself with my slips and showboating, and still maintain an effective enough output to where I win rounds, and above all else I don't take much damage, I am happy. I love this sport and can't get enough of it, but I like my facial features, and low injury rate even more. And the bottom line is boxing doesn't earn my meals, it's a sport and a passion for me, and I won't be able to do it forever. I would like to look like I never did it, except for the conditioning aspect, if I have anything to do with it.

Comment

Working...
                    X