No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Abner Mares Talks Pacquiao-Marquez 4, Donaire-Arce

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Abner Mares Talks Pacquiao-Marquez 4, Donaire-Arce

Less than a week removed from Juan Manuel Marquez’s stirring knockout over Manny Pacquiao and the talk about one of the finer fights in recent memory has yet to die.

Inside of the MGM Grand in Las Vegas on Dec. 8, Marquez would overcome a bloodied face and a fifth round knockdown before he clipped Pacquiao with a short right hand that ended his night and gave him his first official victory over the Filipino icon in four tries.

This weekend, the action shifts to Southern California, as former two-time junior welterweight champion Amir Khan looks to bounce back from his July defeat at the hands of Danny Garcia by locking horns with unbeaten lightweight prospect Carlos Molina inside of the Los Angeles Sport Arena.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Hopefully we get Donaire-Mares one day

Comment

Donaire has to fight Mares or Rigondeaux next after Arce. There's no way around that. If it doesn't fight one of them at least, it leaves a big hole in his resume at 122. At least at 118, he beat Montiel, who was the man there at the time Donaire beat him.

Comment

I really like Mares. I love how he vocally is rooting for Donaire because he doesn't want their big fight falling through. That's a champ mentality right there. Only thing I disagreed with was him saying Berto's style was similar to Mayweather. Don't know when beating Berto became your golden ticket to a Mayweather fight, but that's ridiculous. I have nothing against Berto, but he is not in anywhere near the same league as Floyd.

Comment

if nonito wins this saturday,he wont fight mares,bob arum already said no.and that they have no interest in working with golden boy,so that leaves guillermo as his only option and i hope it gets made it will be a great fight.

Comment

Mayweather's style is absolutely NOTHING LIKE Berto's but on the other hand Guerrero's style is very similar to Ortiz's but Ortiz is bigger, stronger and a harder puncher and we all saw what happen to him. Berto looked shaky in his last fight so it's not surprising that Guerrero took advantage of that, the suspect opponents and the long lay off. Just trying to bulldoze Floyd is not the answer, you have to work behind a very affective jab and have good defense. I say Floyd stops Guerrero within 8 rounds because Guerrero will try the same Berto tactic and get his ass ate up. The accurate punches will take a toll on Guerrero and it'll be all she wrote for him.

Comment

I'm not gonna hold my breath for a Mares-Donaire fight. Top Rank and Golden Boy cannot be reasoned with

Comment

Bangkokpost.com....ponsawatt failed the drug test 3 times on thursday......go rigondeaux , after comes donaire. Hope my man still fighting , the best , rigondeaux.

Comment

Originally posted by Rajon34 View Post
                  Hopefully we get Donaire-Mares one day
                  Top Rank and Golden Boy need to learn to work together on a regular basis, merge companies, or something, it will make them more money and it will make the sport so much better. It can't be that difficult to do if they sit down and negotiate reasonably.

Comment

mares keeping it real ..for the ones that dont agree with mares sayin berto had the style of floyd , well he did try to fight like floyd vs guerrero and failed miserably..he did'nt say he was as good s floyd..

also ,the way guerrero fought berto is what i would love him to fight floyd ..it worked for castillo in thier first fight ..also worked for jesus chavez and hoya for a lil while vs floyd..

sure worked for mares vs a very good boxer in moreno..

thank God for pressure fighters ...

Comment

Working...
                    X