No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Josesito Lopez – The B-Side Strikes Back

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Josesito Lopez – The B-Side Strikes Back

By Thomas Gerbasi - There are seemingly endless reasons to love the sport of boxing. 99 percent of them focus on the sport, and not the business, which can usually account for 99 percent of the reasons not to love it.

But when the sport and the business come together, perhaps the biggest reason why the fight game is so compelling is that one good night can alter a career and a life forever. Sure, a Super Bowl ring is a one night victory that can do big things for an athlete, and an Olympic Gold medal is the key to untold riches for those earning them, but at that level, everyone is among the elite.

In boxing, the kid with a 3-10 record can upset the hot prospect and turn his world upside down while propelling himself into a rematch or an even bigger fight not just for more money, but for the opportunity to get his career on track to where he always thought it would be. Let’s face it, for all the “opponents” in the world of boxing, very few assumed when they first laced on the gloves that they would end up being the “b” side forever.

Josesito Lopez certainly didn’t think so, not after approximately 70 amateur fights and a solid reputation in his native southern California. But there he was in his pro debut against 1-0 Allen Litzau on February 8, 2003, expected to lose to the older half of the heavily hyped brother duo “The American Boys” in Las Vegas. [Click Here To Read More]

Good article will be rooting for Lopez to pull off that upset win.

Comment

Nice little article. Jose is still getting KTFO, though. Ofcourse he does have a puncher's chance; especially since Saul was rocked hard by Cotto a few years back. Consensus, however, is still that Saul is just too big and too big of a puncher to lose to Jose! I wish Jose luck in his future fights, though.

Comment

wow!

What an article! I don't usually read, but when I do, I prefer Dos eq... boxingscene.

Comment

Thanks for reminding me how Josesito Lopez went tooth and nail against Jessie Vargas.

Comment

I'm rooting for Josesito all the way. The sad thing about this fight is that it is absolutely worthless unless Lopez does good. What kind of championship fight is like that?? Worthless unless Lopez puts up a hellova fight.

Comment

Josesito is a really nice guy, but I just don't see him pulling through this time.
              Lets hope he gives Canelo some trouble

Comment

"[Canelo] also has a bright future in this sport no matter what happens on Saturday night,"

Losing to Josesito proves that he's the hype-job we all know he is, it messes up this phony momentum that he's built up. No Cotto and no Mayweather. This fight should NOT be competitive. If Canelo is what fans say he is, he should be able to dispose of Josesito in 6. He's going into the ring a loser, and I predict that he'll leave it as such. Josesito's competitiveness is gonna make people look at Canelo in a different way.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos Alberto View Post
                  Nice little article. Jose is still getting KTFO, though. Ofcourse he does have a puncher's chance; especially since Saul was rocked hard by Cotto a few years back. Consensus, however, is still that Saul is just too big and too big of a puncher to lose to Jose! I wish Jose luck in his future fights, though.
                  Yup. Pretty Much.

Comment

lopez will lose, but i will surely be rooting for him and hope he finds some kind of way to beat canelo... war lopez!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X