No announcement yet.

Proposed Klitschko-Byrd Rematch In Jeopardy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposed Klitschko-Byrd Rematch In Jeopardy

The NY Daily News is reporting that the proposed match between IBF heavyweight champion Chris Byrd and Wladimir Klitschko is far from a done deal.

The fight has a tenative date of April 16 but there are several issues that have to be worked out. One of the biggest issues is the fight venue. Klitschko's people want the fight in Germany, Byrd refuses to stage to stage the fight in Germany. The article claims that Byrd, who fought against both Vitali and Wladimir in Germany, suspects that he got sick prior to both bouts because of illegal antics on the part of Klitschko's promoters.
    [details]

Byrd is the champ, he should call the majority of the shots. If he fought in Germany last time, then Let Chris pick the spot this time. Byrd has nothing to prove and everything to lose fighting WK. If it was VK, well, that's a different story.

Hey Rick. Why dont you ever put your two cents in on these articles that you post? Just curious, you always keep us informed and we come in and state our opinions. What is your opinion?

Comment

So DK is talking about Wlad at the end of the article? If so I agree with him for once. Wlad needs this fight and he should fight in the U.S.

Comment

This is a stupid fight for byrd. He's number 2 in the world, wlad is not on his level. A Byrd-vitali rematch would be interesting

Comment

this is indeed a tough one to call
          who does deserve to pick where to fight
          Wlad dominated byrds ass easy
          so one pt for wlad
          byrds been slyind in his last fights with contreversial decison over oqendo and golota
          and ofcourse wlad has those to KOs
          but who does need this fight more?
          i think both need this fight
          Wlad to show he still where he was b4 the 2 losses
          and Byrd to redeem that loss, as well as to prove that hes a real champ that doesnt just hold on to his title becuz of gift decisions

Comment

Originally posted by ophqui
            This is a stupid fight for byrd. He's number 2 in the world, wlad is not on his level. A Byrd-vitali rematch would be interesting
            You're right from a buisness perspective its not a great match for Byrd. His talents are more effective against boxers who punch really hard but are not that big, like a Tua or a Tyson. He wants this fight because he thinks that Wlad is vunerable right now and he wants to avenge his loss. Also almost nobody wants to fight Byrd, so he has to take what he can get. Also this fight would make it impossible for Vitali to ignore him.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboxer
              He wants this fight because he thinks that Wlad is vunerable right now and he wants to avenge his loss.
              That's the thing though, Byrd doesn't want to fight Wlad. He wants to fight Toney. I don't blame him. If I were him, I wouldn't want to go through that again either.

Comment

Originally posted by Neuraxis
                That's the thing though, Byrd doesn't want to fight Wlad. He wants to fight Toney. I don't blame him. If I were him, I wouldn't want to go through that again either.

That's true. Byrd shouldn't want Wlad. Wlad has had four horrible fights in a row, and he is still getting a shot at the title, from somebody who he can easily beat!
                Plus he lives in L.A. and he is from the Ukraine, why in the hell does he want the fight in Germany. There is no reason to have the fight there and personally I hate listening to the commentary in German. Wlad should take the fight any way he can get it and thank Bryd, who if the fight goes through, is going to save his carrer, and give him a belt.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboxer
                  That's true. Byrd shouldn't want Wlad. Wlad has had four horrible fights in a row, and he is still getting a shot at the title, from somebody who he can easily beat!
                  Plus he lives in L.A. and he is from the Ukraine, why in the hell does he want the fight in Germany. There is no reason to have the fight there and personally I hate listening to the commentary in German. Wlad should take the fight any way he can get it and thank Bryd, who if the fight goes through, is going to save his carrer, and give him a belt.
                  I missed 4 horrible fights in a row. I agree on the fact that Wlad should fight in the U.S. and be thankful for his title shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Neuraxis
                    Your wrong, Byrd would fight anybody its just that he doesn't wanna go to Germany to fight him.

Comment

Working...
                    X