Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tony took his soul.

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
      Yeah tht is great but boxing is a business and no one would have hated on him for not picking Trout. You think Canelo will fight Trout? Hell no or Mayweather? Hell no.
      In a rare occurrence, business took a back-seat last night and I'm glad it did.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
        I think he deserves a lot of credit for taking the fight. His lack of cherry-picking is part of the reason I like him.

I don't really care that boxing is a business. These guys at the top of the sport get paid truckloads of money whoever they fight, if someone is getting paid 7 figures everytime they step in the ring, I have no support for them not taking tough tests.
        Cotto I liked personally but when he was with top rank they cherry picked for him.

Comment

He chose to test himself, I'll never fault him for that, as much as I wanted him to win.

Comment

This is why we like Cotto because he fights everybody even if the fighters don't have a fan base like a Trout or a Clottey. He fights the toughest guys in his weight class he doesn't have to but he does and he should get mad props for that. If he loses in these fights he has nothing to be ashamed of it happens when you take tough fights you might lose.

Comment

shoulda took the PAC fight...he was gonna lose anyway...might as well have gotten paid

Comment

Cotto's best days are behind him, the dude should just move on with his health & wealth intact.

He had a good run and nothing to be ashamed of by losing to a champion in Trout, he's fought wars and given us memorable fights....

/Thread!!!!

Comment

Arum would have given us a Margarito 3 fight with another 24/7 on the same old **** and pressured the judges to keep it close so we could get #4.

Sound like anything else coming up before the end of the year? .......

Comment

I really dont understand these threads.... Before the fight , everybody was saying Trout is a nobody / easy work for Cotto... now Cotto got he's beat
                    " oh he souldnt have taken this fight " ... i mean WTF ? Fans should be proud of Cotto , he takes on all comers , thats what a real fighter is about.

Comment

Too funny!!! Cotto is going to destroy Trout!!! RAWR!!!!

Next day......Cotto should fight guys like Michael Jennings and washed up level fighters. He needs the overhyped/overrated matchmaking of Top Rank. SMDH!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X