Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 London Olympics: what countries will win the most medals in boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good last round from Australian, i think he turned it around in that round.

Comment

I think Browne could've won, but that is one tough Aussie. I can't wait to see more of this guy going forward, the man made a fan out of me.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
        Ukraine, Cuba, Russia, and the UK are tied with 4 semi-finalists (medal winners) each. Ireland and Kazakhstan each have 3.

Medal rounds start on Friday, here's the schedule:

http://www.london2012.com/boxing/sch...t/all-day.html

I'm especially looking forward to Lomachenko-Toledo, Joshua-Dychko and Nevin-Alvarez.

So what countries will still be there after Friday? Which ones will win Gold?
        Italy has 3 too, the SHW and HW, and Mangiacapre

And Brasil 2, nice surprise by the brothers Florentino Falcao

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
          Ukraine, Cuba, Russia, and the UK are tied with 4 semi-finalists (medal winners) each. Ireland and Kazakhstan each have 3.

Medal rounds start on Friday, here's the schedule:

http://www.london2012.com/boxing/sch...t/all-day.html

I'm especially looking forward to Lomachenko-Toledo, Joshua-Dychko and Nevin-Alvarez.

So what countries will still be there after Friday? Which ones will win Gold?
          I thought Ukraine has 5?

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            I thought Ukraine has 5?
            They do at 91,81,69,64,60

Comment

Originally posted by Khmelnytsky View Post
              They do at 91,81,69,64,60
              Yes....They are Berinchyk, Usyk, Lomachenko, Shelestyuk and Gvozdyk

Comment

Hmm interesting, a lot of people voted USA. How many American fighters will leave with medals this year?

Comment

Ireland have got four bronze medals so far, including Katie taylor, with the chance to make it make it more in the next few days, however unlikely that is.

The thing is that the medals we have won still dont reflect the strength of our squad. If you asked me last year how many medals we would have had at the olympics this time last year I would have said at least 5 if not 6. Joe ward was very unlucky not to be going to the games this year, and he would almost certainly have medal imo. The European champion last year at 64kg, Moylette also failed to qualify for us.

Comment

I voted Cuba but wow. The Ukraine was slept on hard looking at the poll.

Comment

Working...
                    X