Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fear of being average for the rest of your life? (srs thread)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Uturn View Post
    Fair dues. If that's what makes you happy then that's cool, happiness is key. And it's not like there isn't anything wrong with being the average man, leading the average life.

I tend to have a different perspective on things.
    Do you have something to compare average to? I thought life was supposed to be a rap video, drugs, women and violence, I got bored with excitement. I understand wanting to live an extraordinary life, as Ive been there but it wasnt as cool as it sounded.

Comment

Originally posted by AKATheMack View Post
      Do you have something to compare average to? I thought life was supposed to be a rap video, drugs, women and violence, I got bored with excitement. I understand wanting to live an extraordinary life, as Ive been there but it wasnt as cool as it sounded.
      That lifestyle is trash. I've lived through that style and it's the same old week in - week out. You know what I mean? People still live this lifestyle till they're 40 years old!

I mean, I'd love to have kids and all that sort of stuff but I still feel at 22 I have plenty of things to explore. And aspire to accomplish before I even think about that happening.

I tend think outside the box, and am always looking to better myself of what I could do/be. I like to think 'big'!

Comment

That lifestyle is trash. I've lived through that style and it's the same old week in - week out. You know what I mean? People still live this lifestyle till they're 40 years old!

I mean, I'd love to have kids and all that sort of stuff but I still feel at 22 I have plenty of things to explore. And aspire to accomplish before I even think about that happening.

I tend think outside the box, and am always looking to better myself of what I could do/be. I like to think 'big'!
        Having goals is great, but how do you define success? Lots of money, possessions, women? I'm probably the most antisocial person you'd ever meet, but without people in your life its really just all the same bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by - v e t - View Post
          you get one life

LIVE IT!
          speak for yourself.

up up down down left right left right B A B A Start.

Comment

Originally posted by AKATheMack View Post
            Having goals is great, but how do you define success? Lots of money, possessions, women? I'm probably the most antisocial person you'd ever meet, but without people in your life its really just all the same bullshit.
            A job you enjoy doing, earning slightly more than the average dude, but not a boring 9-5 job (It just doesn't appeal to me). I'm not particularly interested in having the flashy cars and banging lots of women, that's not me.

I'd like to do some extraordinary things. I feel there is so much out there to be seen in the world, I don't I could handle living in the UK for the rest of my life!

I'm kinda scared right now about settling down, having kids. At 22 I still feel like I've plenty to do/accomplish/explore.

Comment

Originally posted by MEAT View Post
              speak for yourself.

up up down down left right left right B A B A Start.

Lol GTA weapons cheat

Comment

I understand what you are getting at TS.

Because sometimes I feel that way. I think about when I'm old will I have lived a life with little to no regrets. I want to do everything that I can to leave my mark on this world. Fawk working the same job for 20 years, getting fat and looking forward to nothing but espn.

Comment

Does anyone else get this feeling? Being average i.e living the average life everyone else does - ****ing the same girl for the rest of your life, having kids, getting married, 9-5 job, sitting at home in front of the TV, getting fat, doing the same **** week in -week out. Are you OK with slipping into that category and settling with it?

It sounds horrible and I want to avoid it, pretty meaningless existence. Like existing for the sake of existing.

Comment

That's a lot of pressure to put on yourself.

I used to feel like that but now I'm just content. Average life can be decent you know, decent job, decent pay, decent woman, decent home.. Just sit back and enjoy it for a moment. If you wanna reach the sky you gotta put in the work for it, and that is stressful as hell.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X