Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Boxing ever claim another "Baddest man on the planet"?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Boxing ever claim another "Baddest man on the planet"?

When there is UFC now?

Back in Tyson's day I guess MMA existed but nobody knew about it.

These days though, UFC fighters are regarded as vastly superior "fighters", and when boxings best are cautious, defensive points boxers like Ward and Mayweather who can blame people for that assumption.

thoughts?

Absolutely. I still consider the boxing heavyweight champion of the world as the alpha-male of the planet, as it were.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
      When there is UFC now?

Back in Tyson's day I guess MMA existed but nobody knew about it.

These days though, UFC fighters are regarded as vastly superior "fighters", and when boxings best are cautious, defensive points boxers like Ward and Mayweather who can blame people for that assumption.

thoughts?
      Lmfao !!! ufc badest man on the palnet is just as relavant as the wwe badestman on the planet

Comment

Not just UFC but MMA in general. Who would destroy who ina street fight? That's up for grabs.

But google "Sam McVea boxing/MMA Pioneer" for a good read about **** that went down 100 years ago

Comment

One point is I guess these UFC fighters aim for the knockout more so than boxers because there is a cash price for KO of the night. I mean, I would aim for the KO too if I'm going to get paid extra for knocking someone out.

I hope there's another "baddest man on the planet" in boxing soon, but time will tell, I mean, even at Tyson's days, I don't think there was a heavyweight who swarmed in the way Tyson did (swarm is used loosely here).

Comment

Tyson wasn't ever the baddest man alive. he was a ferocious puncher that beat some ok opponents but as soon as it got tough, soon as he had to dig deep and find it within himself to come back, he lost and lost embarrassingly.

calling Brock Lesnar the baddest man on the planet was just advertising and it worked. but yeah it ended up being even more embarrassing than Tyson being called it.

you can't call any fighter who quits like a ***** badass.....

Comment

nope. everybody fights for money now, not glory.

nobody will ever be as intimidating as tyson was.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

the last "baddest man on the planet" the UFC tried to sell me turned his back to run after two jabs and went fetal position

the next baddest man on the planet they decided to sell was KO'ed in his first defense of the title in under 2mins

that next baddest man on the planet was dominated by the guy he had previous koed in 1 minute. ive lost track of all of them tbh

i think it means there really is none, just a promoters trick

Comment

funny ts didnt mention wlad

Comment

Originally posted by jcarstenm View Post
                    Absolutely. I still consider the boxing heavyweight champion of the world as the alpha-male of the planet, as it were.
                    I feel lik a modern day super middleweight or maybe even middleweight champion and up could probably sadly beat most or all of todays heavyweights. They just seem too unathletic to me.

Comment

Working...
                    X