No announcement yet.

What ever happened to Al Pacino??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What ever happened to Al Pacino??

DeNiro Day Lewis hell Neeson and others seems to have surpassed him [i dont know in what either, perhaps relevancy] but still something doesnt seem right, we dont praise him like we did in the 90's, is he just gettin old? am i lookin too much into it?

I havent seen his body of work like others the past perhaps almost 20 years and nothing has really did shout at me like the other actors to go see them either..

What happened to Al Pacino? Did anything happen?
    Last edited by iLovesoccermoms; 02-26-2013, 12:30 PM.

He was very good in "You Don't Know Jack" where he portrayed Jack Kevorkian. That came out in 2010 but I haven't seen anything more recent.

Comment

He still one of the greatest no matter what

Comment

How have De Niro, Day Lewis, or Neeson surpassed Pacino?

Lewis has 5 Oscar nominations, Pacino has 8.

De Niro has 7.

Neeson is nowhere near the conversation. It's an insult to mention him as some one even close to Pacino. He doesn't even belong in the list with Lewis, let alone De Niro and Pacino.

So what happened to Al Pacino? He hasn't been nominated or won an Oscar in 20 years, and dude's is still trying to catch up to what he did. That's like asking what happened to Sugar Ray Leonard, and claiming Mayweather, Hopkins, Pacquiao have surpassed him. Pacino is basically retired, he's not trying to do any Oscar worthy films.

Comment

He's soon to be working on both 'King Lear' and 'Gotti : In the Shadow of my Father'. Not sure how good either film will be, but I'll likely check them out.

Nothing 'happened' to Al Pacino aside from old age and a lack of good scripts in Hollywood - The same thing that has happened to both De Niro and Nicholson, neither of whom have made a good film in over 10 years, either.

I also agree that 'You Don't Know Jack' was amazing, and it's criminally underrated.

Comment

I saw You Don't Know Jack when it premiered, I think it was right before a boxing fight. It was a good movie, it was Pacino in serious mode.

Comment

Isn't there a rumour that he is going too be in the Duran film as Arcel ?
              Last edited by NChristo; 02-26-2013, 12:45 PM.

Comment

thanks guys i'll check out "you dont know jack" this week for sure actually..

Comment

That's De Niro.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    That's De Niro.
                    Yeah, Robert De Niro is onboard to play Ray Arcel in the 'Hands of Stone' movie.

However, IMDB originally had Pacino listed in the role of Arcel for several months. Which explains why so many people still think that Pacino is going to be in it.

Comment

Working...
                    X