Collapse
No announcement yet.

GBP vs Top Rank on Sept 15th = GoldenBoy win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a perception that Canelo is a bigger star than Chavez Jr is, which is false to my understanding.

This perception comes from Canelo's presence in big PPV fights in for the most part, sold out arenas. But he is not the main event of these shows.

Chavez Jr has a huge following in Mexico and HE is usually the main event of his shows. They host his fights as the main card and 13,000 - 20,000 people show up just for him. At the same time he brings in millions of HBO viewers. I believe his Lee fight brought in 1.5 million HBO views.

I also hear that Canelo has been boo'd by hardcore boxing fans in Mexico.

If you want to crunch up numbers that might help.

But I honestly think GBP has to back out of this one. Not only because of Chavez' drawing power, but because the quality of the fight as well.

If anyone would like to place a huge bet I'm winning to take it, Chavez-Martinez PPV will outsell Canelo-Ortiz PPV.
    Last edited by Primera; 06-18-2012, 08:39 PM.

Comment

What do you mean Chavez has no support?

Comment

Originally posted by Primera View Post
        There's a perception that Canelo is a bigger star than Chavez Jr is, which is false to my understanding.

This perception comes from Canelo's presence in big PPV fights in for the most part, sold out arenas. But he is not the main event of these shows.

Chavez Jr has a huge following in Mexico and HE is usually the main event of his shows. They host his fights as the main card and 13,000 - 20,000 people show up just for him. At the same time he brings in millions of HBO viewers. I believe his Lee fight brought in 1.5 million HBO views.

I also hear that Canelo has been boo'd by hardcore boxing fans in Mexico.

If you want to crunch up numbers that might help.

But I honestly think GBP has to back out of this one. Not only because of Chavez' drawing power, but because the quality of the fight as well.
        I think the general conception is that Chavez Jr is not legit even Mexicans don't think he is any good maybe Chavez is bigger in Mexico but Canelo is bigger name in USA

Comment

Primera your 100% right

i think as far as Draw goes

Chavez > Canelo (but its close)

Ortiz > Martinez (by a country Mile)

Canelo + Ortiz > Chavez + Martinez (by a country Mile)

Comment

Originally posted by DAN916 View Post
            How about Pac VS Mayweather Sept 15th... Problem Solved
            24/7 will be of May bit ching of tap water bro.

Comment

Nevada Tap water is a crime.

Comment

Working...
              X