No announcement yet.

Pedro Lovell

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedro Lovell

Aka Spider Rico. What are your thoughts on him? He was a big puncher and an exciting fighter to watch, but could never crack into the echelon. After Firpo and Bonavena, he was likely the best Argentinian heavyweight. Lost to Norton by TKO 5 and on points to Weaver in his last fight. Avenged his first loss to one Terry Krueger in savage fashion, breaking his nose and koing him in 88 seconds.

He was cool in the last Rocky picture. Looks like a classy guy. Argentinian boxers often are. Wonder why his career ended so abruptly, after only 23 fights...

It's good when fighters who rarely/never get talked about on here, get some respect and get a discussion on them. Hopefully this can happen more often on here. It's get pretty boring always talking about the big names fighters of the past.

I recetnly done a thread on another never talked about fighter Frasier Scott.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Mongoose View Post
      It's good when fighters who rarely/never get talked about on here, get some respect and get a discussion on them. Hopefully this can happen more often on here. It's get pretty boring always talking about the big names fighters of the past.

I recetnly done a thread on another never talked about fighter Frasier Scott.
      Yep. I always try to bring these less known but underated fighters into the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Pastrano View Post
        Yep. I always try to bring these less known but underated fighters into the light.
        Me to.............

Comment

I saw Lovell fight live once and quite a few times on TV. He had heavy hands and could bring it. He kept his head too still and had trouble with punchers. Lovell came around turing a tough heavyweight era and was simply outclassed by Norton.

Comment

Working...
          X