Comments Thread For: Abner Mares Vacating The WBC Title, Heading Up To 126

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He didnt even fight a 122 pounder

Comment

Good move for Mares, why stick around at 122 for a fight that my never materialize against Donaire. I bet Mares is going to be on Garcia's radar! IMO, Mares doesn't have the pop to hurt these bigger guys at 126, its gonna be tough for him at feather weight, only advantage he'll have is his speed. Also, I think he moved four lbs north to avoid a fight with Santa Cruz, cuz its well known that GBP's was entertaining the idea of matching these two guys in the near future, and Mares thinks its too risky with little reward.

Comment

Hahaha, Donitas wont have any place to run.

Comment

Bad idea. Who's he gonna fight?

Comment

A year or two from now.....Russell vs Mares will be a big fight

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
              He didnt even fight a 122 pounder
              Beating Moreno > Beating any 122 lb fighter not named Donaire, who doesn't seem possible

Comment

Originally posted by BIGLEX View Post
                Good move for Mares, why stick around at 122 for a fight that my never materialize against Donaire. I bet Mares is going to be on Garcia's radar! IMO, Mares doesn't have the pop to hurt these bigger guys at 126, its gonna be tough for him at feather weight, only advantage he'll have is his speed. Also, I think he moved four lbs north to avoid a fight with Santa Cruz, cuz its well known that GBP's was entertaining the idea of matching these two guys in the near future, and Mares thinks its too risky with little reward.
                lol dont make me laugh, santa cruz very solid young fighter but he hasnt even fought any fighter of note not to mention at 122. He a solid fighter but he has to pave his own path, he is in no way form or shape on Mares radar.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                  Beating Moreno > Beating any 122 lb fighter not named Donaire, who doesn't seem possible
                  Yes but he never really fought at 122, he was just given a free belt at 122 against another 118 fighter and then best the best 118 fighter. Never faced a 122 guy. Never understood why he fought Moreno at 122 if he didnt plan fighting there at all

Benefits of being with DLH and mexican, WBC just giving out free belts

Comment

I don't understand this. He's not even faced a 122 pounder yet. Mares vs Terrazas would've been a solid match up because Terrazas is a legit, top-ten super bantamweight. After that, he could've fought another top-ten super bantamweight. And maybe after that, move up to featherweight to fight Ponce.

Comment

mares mikey garcia make it happen

Comment

Working...
                      X